Reviving my old amp(stereo)

Username: Mainemike

Post Number: 4
I was hoping for some speaker advice, i want to revive my old stereo(adcom gfa 555, hafler dh-101) and need some speaker advice. I was thinking about the magnapan mmg. Has anyone heard these. They are mail order which makes it perfect for me in maine, but was a little concerned about the lack of bass response. Was wondering about some sattelites in the 500 dollar range that can go with my passive sub. Its hard up here in the frozen tundra to find a stereo shop. Just looking for some suggestions. Thanks mike

Gold Member
Username: Nuck

Post Number: 3270
quinn the eskimo?

Post Number: 5
yes I am an eskimo, looking for the perfect eskimo pie!

Gold Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 1144
I think your best bet is the internet only speaker dealers since you they give you a 30 day money back warranty including the shipping. I would give Aperion a look. I revived my old Rotel amp with a used Rotel CD player and a pair of their satellite speakers hooked up to an BA older passive hub. This hodge podge of (Frankenstein) of a system sounds remarkably good in my bed room.

Post Number: 6
thanks stof.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 4307
if looking at Internet direct, check out ascendacoustics.com --- probably the most widely acclaimed by both pros and consumers of the IDs, known for their accuracy and neutral/flat frequency response.

As for sats in the $500 range, if you're looking at 5 speakers I'd recommend the SVS sb-01s from svsubwoofers.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us