DVI on JVC D401

Username: Izzie

Post Number: 1
Sorry to start a new thread, but nothing pops up with a search...

I'm using a JVC RX-D401 receiver with a Comcast DVR-HD cable box and a Panasonic S77 DVD player. All components are connected with HDMI cables. With this setup all audio and video work well. My TV is a bit older and does not have a HDMI input, it uses DVI. Once I connect the HDMI output from the receiver to the DVI input of the TV I lose video+sound.

The receiver is failing to trasmit the audio to the TV and shuts down HDMI audio. The quick fix for this was to connect the audio through optical cables and change the audio input through the menu. This solution works.

As it stands I have the DVR and the DVD connected through HDMI for video and optical digital for audio. The receiver outputs to the TV with a HDMI-DVI cable.

The system gets sound, but no video. Video input is selected as HDMI, the TV is selected to the DVI input. I disconnected everything and tried the HDMI->DVI cable directly from the DVR and the DVD to the TV, both were a success.

The problem is definately in the HDMI switching in the receiver. Both components work independently with the TV; both work with the receiver through HDMI and optical cables for audio. Only when the HDMI out is connected with the DVI input is there an issue.

If anyone owns this unit and has successfully used the HDMI switching with a DVI-Monitor please give me a hand, I can work around the audio but no video signal through the reciever at all.

Gold Member
Username: Kano

BC Canada

Post Number: 1044
Have you tested whether it will output to a TV with HDMI?

The problem may be in the HDMI versions supported by the receiver. Upgrading the firmware versions of all components may correct the problem.

Username: Izzie

Post Number: 2
Yes, my friend has a TV with HDMI and it worked great. Everything works perfect independent of each other, including each cable.

Only problem is when the receiver HDMI monitor out is connected to a DVI Monitor in. Although the product manual says this is possible by rerouting the audio to another input; which I have done.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us