Speaker Connection

Username: Wahoo611

Post Number: 1
I recently bought an old Vector Research VRX-9000 receiver and wanted to try it in my system (normally use Belles 200 amp and Belles XLM pre-amp w/ Totem Mani 2-s). The problem is that the VR amp has the old speaker connection mechanism whereby you push a button to lift a metal plate, allowing for insertion of the speaker wire/spades and the ends of my cables (Tara Labs) have twin spades which are too wide for both spades to be fully inserted in the slot provided. Short of using different cables w/ wire strand or single, narrow spade, is there any way to get around this problem using my existing cables? Any way to buy some sort of adapter which will convert the cable end to a more narrow, single spade which can be fully inserted in the slot? Thanks in advance for thoughts and comments.

Gold Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 1479
Some spades (such as WBT) can unscrew. Have you tried this?

I hope that VR amp is powerful - my Mani-2 Signatures suck amps dry...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 8769

You can cut off one leg of the spade. Or, you can jerry-rig a connection from the push connectors to a terminal strip with a short cable in between. Otherwise, no, the Vector Research unit wasn't meant for people with big cable connectors. It was intended for folks with 22A.W.G. bell wire for speaker "wires" that they got free in their speaker boxes.

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us