Receiver to match Monitor Audio bronze combo

Username: Igorzzzz

Post Number: 7
Hi all,
I'm interested in suggestions about matching an receiver to my home cinema speaker package: 2 Monitor Audio Bronze B4, 2x MA B2, 1x MA bronze centerspeaker.
Wich receiver would be a good match?
Budget: < $500.
Thanks for replies.

Fab 5
Unregistered guest
one of the best matches for the Monitor's is Pioneer Elite. You could also try Integra and Nad. I don't know for sure if they are in your budget though.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 380
The Marantz 5400 lists for $599 and is a good match with the MA's. The Elite's are also a good match but the Elite 53 is more than your budget and the 5400 is a better unit than the Elite 41. Try the Marantz.

Post Number: 8
What about the cheaper Pioneer's
like the 812 or the 912?

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
The Marantz 5400 is a much better receiver than either the 812 or 912. This is the perfect receiver for your budget and speakers assuming it has enough inputs for your system. You can't go wrong with this unit.

Silver Member
Username: Hawk

Highlands Ranch, CO USA

Post Number: 543
Igor:

I would agree with elitefan here, that the Marantz is probably your best match, but there is a good NAD, as well.

For your budget, I have found two really good receivers, both of which are priced at $399. Accessories4less.com has the Marantz 6200, which is a couple of generations old, but still has all of what you want or need for $399.99 (list of $699.99). This is a nice receiver and you get the benefit of it being discontinued by the fact that its price is heavily discounted. It is rated at 105 wpc x 6, but don't believe it--like most receivers, its power is vastly overstated. Still, it should have more than enough juice for your nice speakers. Here is a link--just scroll down till you find the last one they have:

http://accessories4less.com/Amazing/items.asp?CartId=1-EVEREST-0843468THIVY98&Cc =RECEIVER&tpc=

The second good choice is an NAD T742. I have found it at both Saturday Audio Exchange (www.saturdayaudio.com) and DMC Electronics (www.dmc-electronics.com) for $399. Like the Marantz, the 742 is discontinued, but it is a superb little receiver that outshines many more expensive units. Although only rated at 50 wpc x 5, it has more power than most brands 100 wpc jobs, and it is very clean sounding, too. It's only limitation is that it is strictly a 5 channel receiver--it doesn't do 6 channels or 7. Still, it is one of the best sounding receivers I have ever heard.

Both receivers are FAR BETTER than the Pioneers you mentioned. If you can stretch for the Marantz 5400, do it as that is a very good value in a receiver, but if you can't, I have offered two good alternatives.

Good luck!

Post Number: 9
well,
wich would you prefer The Pioneer Elite 53 or the Marantz 5400. Over here in Holland i'm able to get these receivers online $650 and $599.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
I would prefer the Elite 53. Both are very good but the Elite is a very good buy at $650 whereas the 5400 lists for $599. Both are excellent but the Elite has a few more features and inputs and lists for $1400.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 103
The European version of Elite 53 (the AX3) does not have component switching, so if you need that it's not a good choice. Also I think that the Marantz has slightly better audio quality, especially the mids are more detailed and the sound is more dynamic. The Pioneer offers more power and some features like B/2ndZone/front-biamp/7.1 channels and automatic calibration.

Anonymous

What about Onkyo with the MA Bronze line?

Anonymous

bump...on the question about Onkyo and MA Bronze?

Bronze Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 91
The Onkyo 701 was rec by a poster that had the MA B2's and he said it sounded good. I haven't heard the combo so I have no opinion. Do a search for his post for more info.

Post Number: 10
Well i would like to add that the MA B-line is an extremely easy to drive speaker; currently i've geared them up with an old denon stereo amplifier.
So i would guess that even an onkyo would sound allright with them.
But i think a more warm receiver would be a better match like mentioned in earlier threads:
Pioneer/ HarmanKardon/ Marantz or NAD. As my budget don't allow it yet i'm stuck with the old Denon amp, but in a couple of monts i'm ready to buy something in the $500- $1000 league.
Well, as i revealed my buying strategy wich receiver would you advice?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us