Need suggestions for sub, center and surround speakers!! Please!!

Username: Killerjimmy

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 3
I have the Klipsch RB5 II speakers for the front and a panasonic SA-XR50 receiver. I need some sub suggesstions, preferably front firing for the neighbors sake, as well as rear and center channel suggestions. The room is 15x10x8 and in an apartment complex with downstairs occupants. I would like to pay about $400 each for the sub and center speakers. I am thinking Klipsch sb-2's for rear??? Any comments???

Username: Weezelb

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 6
Another vote for the Miarge S-12, $400 shipped from Vanns.com and the unit is front firing with downward firing ports.

I went from a Onkyo HTIB 5.1 setup which had a 75W 8" sub to the Mirage and its unbelievable the amount of sound produced when compared to my old Onkyo sub.

I've yet to fully break it in, and I'm going to be keeping the volume at about 1/4 as its loud. Definitely too much for an Apt. if you turn it up any more than that.

Username: Killerjimmy

Los Angeles, CA United States

Post Number: 4
I have definately heard nothing but good things about the mirage S12. I was also looking into HSU and SVS but both seem to be a lot more money for a slightly better performing sub. I think the mirage is the way to go for subs in my price range. Any suggestions on center channel or rear speakers??

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3705
Athena AS-B1.2s would be a good match for surrounds ($120/pr. from audioadvisor.com), but for your center I'd get the Ascend 340c (ascendacoustics.com).

The Mirage is sold out again. If you don't want to wait until May when they are back in, I'd get a refurb Hsu STF-2 for about $350 shipped from hsuresearch.com --- it should be plenty for your apartment.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us