Poll: How many of you have owned Magnepan speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_s

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 16
I picked up some lowly MMG's from the factory last week and I am totally infatuated. Reproduction and soundstaging of the human voice is really amazing.

Just curious about your experience with them.

How many of you have had a Maggie fling? Did you go back to conventional speakers? Why or why not?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2588
I have owned them. I had my affair with Maggie but in the end I decided to go back to dynamic speakers. I have gone on and on about my experience with them here on this forum and don't intend to repeat it here. I owned the SMGa, MMG, and MG12's. I didn't find them versatile or accurate enough to hold my attention long term. They are however very seductive and fun to listen to. I would love to have a spare pair lying around to listen once in a while.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 963
Like the suductress always calling you back...Arrrrt....Arrrrrt...

Couldnt resist, man

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_s

St. Paul, MN

Post Number: 17
Thanks guys. I am running them as a second, stereo only, system in my study. I think I'll keep them. Just wondering if its worth upgrading to the MG 12's?

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2591
The MG12's are head and shoulders better than the MMG's. I couldn't believe the difference when I bought them. If you're set on having Maggies the 12's are worth the difference.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 467
I own the mms' myself. In the right sized room, the mmg will be all the maggie you need. The mg12 will overpower it and be too bright, at least in my experience.

Give it a shot, you may like the mg12 better. However, it you have a smallish room, the MMG MAY load the room better (as in my case) due to the panel sizing being better suited to the room size
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us