Car sub's in home????

matt champion
can i connect my car audio amp and subs to my home theater system...i have a reciever and a shelf system....i'd prefer to connect it to the shelf system but i dont know if i can connect the amp or how to power it.....any help would be nice

i DON'T ADVISE YOU TO DO THAT.
You can connect your LFE out to the car audio amp line inputs using Y-cable and to power the amp you need a 12V DC power supply capable to deliver a minimal 15A. It' a mess so I recommend you to get a decend powered subwoofer.

On the contrary, it's a piece of piss if you know just a lttle about electronics (please be careful)

Find yourself a couple of computer PSUs (I picked up 8 for £6 - not guaranteed to work, but 7 did!!)
Now assuming they are ATX (standard modern PSUs) connect the green wire to grey on each one.

Now you should have loads of yellow wires, red wires and black wires, all over the place.
You only need to use about half of them for full current. Just use the yellow wires as +12V, the black wires as ground, and make the red ones safe, unless you have some good reason for wanting 100A+ at 5V DC (welding maybe?!?)

Use enough supplies to power your amplifier, I use three plus a home-brew 12V PSU, giving me 45A in total.
Using the y-connectors mentioned above and the built in low-pass crossover on the amp, hook these up to your hifi however you can (you know what hifi you have!)

It's best to make yourself a nice big box to put the PSUs inside, making sure they are well ventilated, and to bolt the amp (effectively a big heatsink) to the OUTSIDE of the box - it gets pretty f**king hot if it's a good one.

By the way, unless you have actually got a good car amp and sub that you aren't using for anything else, it is probably easier to go out and buy a sub.

Does anyone knows how to connect a speaker box to a computer?I want to have my boom box hooked up to my computer but i don't know how or if its safe.I built a boom box with 2 15" woofers in it and 2 8" little woofers.I want to hook it up so i can have better bass on my computer and plus im becoming a dj,it would be easyer to use my computer.If you could help me i'd appreciate it.Thanx.If you can email me at whataustin@earthlink.net

Derek
Use the line-out on the computer to an AUX or Tape-in on an amp. It would be easier to use a receiver, that way you could control satelite and sub level.

You will need an 1/8 inch stereo to stereo male RCA cable. Radio Shack sells them.

JAY
Hi!! everyone, i am looking answer for these question which is in my mind. I wanted to know is, can i connect my home theater system in my car. Well i know how to give a power supply to it and i have done it to, but when i am connecting the rca cables from my car cd player to the home theater it makes different sounds, like tearing something. I want to know what can i do to fix it. If i could play it in the car it's gonna be just great sound.

Anonymous
Hi everyone,
I was trying to figure out how to get my satellite tv system in my house into my car. I finally decided to just drive through the back door and park in the living room. Sure was easier that way. Now I'm working on putting my bedroom in the driveway.

hi there. i want to know where to plug a subwoofer into my hi fi and secondly what power hi fi would an 8 inch sub go well with? thanks.

Will Smith
I need to know how to hook up a amp into a soundcard of a computer instead of a head unit and i need a more detailed explanation of how to hook up a amp to power suply of ur computer. any help or advice would be very handy. email: boom_box_212@hotmail.com

i was wunderin if ne1 new how 2 hook a sub up 2 a computer i kno ppl whove dun it but they wont tell me how an i would lyk 2 do it so ne advice would b great

slick
generally car systems and home entertainment cannot be transferred due to the different voltages required by each system. the transormers in a house pump out 240v and a car has a 12 v battery. quite a difference. it ain't advisable to bring car electronics into your house. i had a mate who worked in a car stereo installation place he made the mistake of trying to hook up in his home. now he had to have his whole house rewired due to the back surge. so overall i wouldn't reccommend it

lick my nuts
you're all piece of shyt

I've got 2 15 inch speakers connected to my computer and every time i try to play my music loud it makes a distorting noise please tell me why this happens p.s i got an 50 watt amplifier which is 5Amps how do i connect this to my house power supply or if any one's got a AC dennon amplifier i would buy it from them. My e-mail add. is n4zr4nh@hotmail.com

Anonymous
hello i was womdering i have a 220 watt amp for a car i wanted to hook it up to my 10" subs in my house any way to do that?????

Hello i have 2 10" subs and a 220 watt. amp. i was wondering if i could hook it up im my house some how if anyone knows please e-mail me...

jerryscameljoe
is it possible to hookup a computer subwoofer into your car?

i was wondering if i am able to connect my home subwoofer-amplifier into a car subwoofer because i was looking at the prices of home theater subwoofer boxes and i think they are over priced......and if i can connect my home sub-amp to a car sub i am looking at a saving of over 300%

hi,i want ot build speakers for my home audio system,was thinking of getting 2 audiobahn aw1506t subs, would these be good,and want build seperate boxes for my highs,what would i use for my highs? and what would i need to hook up all this? thanks Dave. Canada.

I am currently running two 10" subs with neons under my computer. I have ran a line into my mixer from my Sound Blaster Audigy card into my Realistic mixer. From there my SAE 2300 amp powers my 4 tweaters, 2 6x9 mounted in custom boxes, and my two 10" MA subs in a custom ported box. This is all built into my computer desk, all i can say is that my subs pound very very hard i have already cracked one sub box, but a warning to all u who would like to try this the magnet form the subs does cause a awful lot of distortion for your monitor, and can be harmful to your hard drive!

I have a 2400 watt amp and 2 12" 1200 watt subs and i was wondering if there was any possible way to hook it up to my computer, i read all the others but they were confusing. So if it can be done please explaine it to me.

well there are two ways to hook up a car audio theatre system. On is that you need to go get a power supply that converts 22v (normal house voltage) to 13.8v (car battery voltage. Also the power supply must support around 30amps. that is a beefy power supply. so to recap you need a 13.8v power supply 30amps

another way to do this is to take a regular car battery and hook up a charger to the battery. this is a cheaper dirty way of achieving the same thing. I would not recomend it due to the fact wires will be showing and you could electricute yourself.

Steven Chester
Thanks Nick

a$$-fucked
peenis
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us