Wharfedale 9.1 + NAD 320BEE = very good!

Username: L_gato

Post Number: 1
I added some low-cost audioquest interconnects and budget kimber speaker cables. Believe it or not, i am using a GO-VIDEO dvd recorder as a source and i have the variable audio outputs for the TV when needed.I am just posting this to announce that this is a very good,legitimate audiophile-quality sounding budget system.(about $1100)....

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3485
How much were the interconnects and speaker cables?

For a mere $145 shipped you can get a Marantz 4300 CDP that would probably be significant improvement for music listening. That IMO would've been a far better investment than the interconnects/cables.

Post Number: 2
understood,but long story short, i had to build this secondary system, in the basement,with the "wife factor" heavily involved. the dvdr was in place already(got it as a gift from mom-in-law) and i figured that playing cd's thru it would be acceptable for my purposes. and it is. she married into my "main" system,which i had already when we first met, so that wasnt going to be compromised!...ha ha! ...the interconnects and cables totalled only about 140...i am pleasantly surprised at the smooth sound,articulate but not crisp and overall very good sound, especially for the price....value factor is high....

cawley
Unregistered guest
How are Wharfedale speakers? I was considering the 9.2, 9.6, or 10.0, but read somewhere that they were way overpriced.

Post Number: 3
$349 for these speakers are a steal. very satisfying. i never auditioned them before buying but took the leap of faith. my biggest fear was a bright tweeter and muddiness in the midrange. thank goodness they passed this test with flying colors.like i stated above, i posted this system because it creates music beautifully at a fantastic price....i always preach to non-audiophiles "don't run to the local electronics store"!!...take some time,go to an audio store and audition "real"equiptment.....my analogy is this: if want want to buy a real mountain bike , don't go to toys-r-us...go to a bike shop!!!..for just a few dollars more u generally get much, much more!!!....ps...i have no experience with the others speakers that u mentioned and this small system works for me in the environment it is in
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us