Newbie.. need your opinion

Username: Dj_twiddles

Post Number: 1
It's after christmas and I had all of this money lying around... so I wanted to buy an inexpensive but complete sound system. I wanted to avoid those small bookshelf systems that you would find at bestbuy or circuit city. I came accross ebay and found this item here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem%26item%3D5844633220#ebayphotohosti ng

I wanted to know if I got a good deal for the entire system- $335 dollars for everything total.. I know I was taking a risk on bidding on a system I really knew nothing about, but the buyer assured me everything was in excellent and working condition with no scratches or anything, plus I know won't have to deal with the hassel and price from buying a system online with no real knowledge of compodents. I will be using this system for mostly Hiphop and techno trance in a small bedroom, and I know this will come in great use when I move into dorms and host parties for college next fall. I am contacting the buyer to get exact specifications of everything now.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 77
Looks like your about to find out!

Post Number: 2
I emailed the seller and this is what he sent back

Congratulations. I am happy that you are quite fortunate to win the auction on the Ebay. You asked many questions. To most part of it, I would take this opportunity to address as many as I can. The system that you purchased is worth approximately $5,000. And I am only selling it that cheap because I am about to go abroad and cannot take it with me. This system is one of the best system. And you will never be able to purchase in your local walmart or any circuit stores. The components within this system are approximately 5 years old. And they are in excellent condition. They will last for a life time for you as far as you don't damage them during one of your wild parties. You should know, this system was made with the purpose of playing music in a large atmosphere, such as church, block-party, clubs, etc. The power of this system is great. And you will be so happy to have this system as I was when I had it. You can connect everything to it, mp3s, phonoplayer, cassettedisc, mixers, TVs, video, computers, gameboys, everything. As a matter of fact, I have received many calls from potential buyers, one of who actually came and looked at the whole system. And he was shocked that a wonderful system like it would be let go so cheaply. Then he placed a bid immediately after he was back.
I am even surprised that you won it out of curiosity. But believe it or not, curiosity has just earned you something really nice.

I am travelling over 300 miles to pick it up, if what he says is true then I guess i'm super lucky.

Gold Member
Username: Edster922

Abubala, Ababala The Occupation

Post Number: 3469
Best of luck, I hope you will not be disappointed.

Personally I find it hard to believe that if the system were really worth $5K new that the listing would not have claimed so in bold lettering, as well as likely to be much more detailed, or at least contain actual model numbers for verification.

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 606
I concure. The picture is dark and there is little information on the models of the stuff. From what he states there I'd say he paid about $1500 - $1600 max. But good luck anyway.

Post Number: 3
Yesterday I drove from Chicago to St. Louis to pick everything up. Everything works beautifully no problems so far.

Here are all the part numbers, if you people can give me all the information you can about this equipment it would be MUCH appreciated. The only problem with this stuff though is all the serial numbers are scratched out so everything may be stolen.

Sony 200 Disk CD Player - CDP-CX200
Denon AM/FM Tuner - TU-550
Kenwood Grafphic Equalizer - GE-7030
Yamaha Natural Sound Field Processing Amplifier - DSP-A2070
DBX Amplifier BX-3 MKII
4x Kenwood 450 Watt Speakers MV-50

2 12 inch woofers in one sealed box, Kenwood and Pioneer.. are there supposed to be two different woofers in one box? wouldn't that mess up the base?

Post Number: 4
oh and the remotes for the CD changer and the Yamaha are included, but no manuals were included

Post Number: 6
I was also wondering why there were no part #'s on the auction, but I think the seller's girlfriend posted the auction thats why the numbers weren't included.

The system didn't come with the manuals though, but the remotes for the CD changer and Yamaha Amp were included. The guy was moving to korea to be a teacher, so he was really desperate to give away his stuff, he even gave me his swiffer floor cleaning stuff for 10 bucks.

Bronze Member
Username: Rikmeister

Hometown, Pa Usa

Post Number: 50
sometimes if you go to the manu homepage you can download the manuals there.

Bronze Member
Username: Davidpa

Portland, Oregon US

Post Number: 81
STOP! THIEF!

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 893
Snorf! Chortle, David
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums