Recycling old junk?

Username: Bungarian

Post Number: 1
Hey, i have this really old stereo system that doesnt work anymore and some computer speakers. I was wondering if you could recycle anything from the se items to somehow use the amp and speakers and make it so you could hook up your ipod to it. Nothing with amazing sound, just something that you could listen to in your room. Thanks in advance.

Eric34208972349087
Unregistered guest
Hey, you could just take your computer speakers and hook the jack directly to your ipod. If the speakers are powered (plug into outlet) then I wouldnt try anything else with the stereo. However, you could possible take the amp out of the stereo and connect speakers to it assuming it works. To do this is rather hard, so just try taking everything out of the old stereo and test the circuits with a multimeter (http://www.doctronics.co.uk/meter.htm for more info on meters).

Depending on what company/model you have some will have the amp in a completely new circuit board, which in that case, look for where the old speakers to it would connect and follow the wires till you reach a circuit board, that will normally be your amp, sometimes it will tell you on the board itself, if not look for a series of 'big boxes' (http://www.macnet.or.jp/pa/upi-k/amp/247b.jpg pic. of a old stereo amp: look for something like that if its an old model stereo.

sorry for the story

Hope this helps
-Eric

Username: Bungarian

Post Number: 2
yeah thanks for the advice and i tried hooking the big speakers from the stereo to the amp in the computer speakers. It worked fine for a little bit, then the sound level went very low until you turned it off and on again...whats the problem?

Anonymous

Does anyone know if an old amp has recycling value for the metal, etc. There must be a whole lot of valuable copper in this old amp of mine that is worth something. I have an old McIntosh MC7106 amp that weighs 80 pounds. Now that I've got my Panny SA-XR55S, I don't need it anymore. Do you think I could get something from a metal recycler?

Username: Hartley_zodiak

Chitenanger, Yes Guamm

Post Number: 8
MIght make a good amp for an iPOd.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 821
Anonymous, if you can get anything of value at all, you will be lucky.
Klunky ols junk like that is basically worthless.
At best you might get a Panasonic receiver.

Sorry.

Username: Mike175gr

Post Number: 1
I would be happy to take the MC-7106 off of your hands. Let me know what you might want for it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us