How to improve ipod sound?

erererer
Unregistered guest
I use an ipod with a sony int amp 50 W and Cambridge Ensamble system with 2 satelites and 2 subwoofers with 85 or 86 db sensibility

The problem i have is that when people talk they completly cover the sound of. Music even if i turn the volume above the 12 PM marc

When i use cd as source and not the ipod i dont have the problem. I know that ipod as a souce is a lower quality and lower input level but still want to use it

What would be better change amp to 100 W or speakers to 90 db sensitivity?

Hi fi quaility is not relevant for me in this system since i use it when friends come over and not for serious listening sesions

Thanks a lot

erererer
Unregistered guest
Any help please?

erererer
Unregistered guest
Any help please?

erererer
Unregistered guest
Any help please?

Username: Nadz

Califonia

Post Number: 8
Change the bit rate in iTunes. If youre using 128kbs you should bump it up to 256 or above or try using lossles files. But remember you can't change files that have already been compressed. You will have to start from scratch. If you download music from iTunes your out of luck because there protected and can't be changed.

erererer
Unregistered guest
Ufff. Too late. I have over 8000 files now grom borrowed records i cant get again. Thanks anyway

Any other idea?

Califonia

Post Number: 10
Not really thats the only way to really get MP3's to sound good is to use a high bit rate.

But from here on out use a high bit rate and you should be in better shape.

The adjustment is under Edit > Preferences > Advanced > Import.

This will show you the options on how you want to import your music.

erererer
Unregistered guest
Will that reduce the capacity in terms of number of songs to half?

Bronze Member

Califonia

Post Number: 12
Depends on song lengths and the bit rate. But do you want quality or quanity. Hardrives are so cheap now that I will take quality anyday. I do everything at 320 or use Apple Losless. Apple Losless is an exact copy of the disc at about 60% of its original size and sounds just like the CD.

If you really want to research MP3's and the different codecs try doing a google search. It's how I learned everything.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 415
"Apple Losless is an exact copy of the disc at about 60% of its original size."

That is an oxymoron. There is no way that it can be an EXACT copy if it is only 60% of its original sixe. For it to be a truly exact copy, it'd have to be 100% of its original size.

Username: Nabwong

Post Number: 2
Are you using the headphone out? If you are, get the pocketdock and use the line out. The volume should be twice as loud. This bypasses the internal amp.

Btw, the ipod dock doesn't have true line out. You must get something like pocketdock or sik din. Hope this helps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us