Anyone use Orb speakers in a two channel system?

Username: Group3e11

Lowell, MA 01852

Post Number: 1
For space consideration I plan to replace my ADS towers after the New year begins.

I have read lots of good reviews of the Orb speakers and subwoofer and was wondering how good they are in a basic two channel system with my beloved NAD reciver.

Feel free to e-mail me at bichonboys@comcast.net

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 299
I've heard them, they're OK, but the physical limitations of this kind of speaker (take your pick) limits their sonic capabilities.

If you must stick to something this small, then consider a Monitor Audio R45 & R360 set-up. the R45s have both a 3" Mid & 1" Back-Firing Tweeter (not ideal, but better), plus the MA's are beautiful to boot. I own the R360 sub, and this baby packs a punch.

UploadUpload

You might want to consider the R90s, but they're a little bit bigger (still tiny by most standards).

Upload

Silver Member
Username: Timn8ter

Seattle, WA USA

Post Number: 670
The gal in the upper picture seems much happier with her speaker than the gal in the lower picture. Perhaps if she put it on a stand and sat in a chair she would find it more enjoyable.

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 300
Tim,

As I'm sure you know, every speaker MUST pass the wife test if your married. Very important for future designs.

You ever consider building a tabletop radio with the Ling Single?

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 633
No need to pass the WAF test for me, Christopher.
And I just move the furniture wherever she wants.

Yes, the woman in the last pic seems a bit leery of the speaker, like its a little puppy that nips.

Maybe Jan should watch his heels if he has an orb speaker at his feet!

Silver Member

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 301
I've got a bad back, so I need to keep the speakers nice & cute, or invisible if possible.

Silver Member
Username: Nuck

Parkhill, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 634
Invisible always had an appeal for me, but I dont have wall space for built in's, and would be afraid of the one time setup.

I posted a while back about a little sub/sat and got back mostly the same ideas, including the paradigm atoms.

Maybe check their site?

Bronze Member
Username: Mark_mcintosh

Gastonia, NC USA

Post Number: 31
I love my Orb system, but I was looking for a sub/sat system to begin with to replace my floorstanders. While I am using them mostly for HT, I am still very happy with them in 2.1 for music. I am probably not as serious about speakers as some on the forum, but the little I gave up in sound quality compared to my Kefs is more than made up by the 50" Sony I made room for. I have a 5.1 Mod2 system with the Orb sub in a pretty large room (18 X 24)and the Orbs do the job nicely. I compared all the different sub/sat systems I could and the Orbs, in my opinion, were the class of the group. Check out this thread over in the HT forum
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-theater/9497.html

Good luck.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us