Looking for a good small speaker

Username: Mdelatorre

Mexico

Post Number: 2
Hi,

I have a Marantz SR-7500 receiver and only have a pair of B&W 602 S3 speakers.

I will like to buy a pair of good small speakers that I can place in my back wall.

I like the size of the Bose Acoustimass series, but for what I have read on the forum not many people like them very much.

Can you please suggest me a speaker of similar size that will work nicely with my receiver.

Thanks,

Manuel.

I have

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 781
orb audio

Bronze Member
Username: Pbdr

Post Number: 76
Maybe some gallo adivas?

Username: Dream2

Post Number: 1
Hey, umm, I feel like sometimes a total dunce when it comes to speakers.....but the crazy thing is I really love them. Just I don't really know about them. looking for a good pair of speakers for the holidays? Something easy to put together.
Peace
Maru

FloridaSun
Unregistered guest
www.orbaudio.com is good advice...great sound, compact speakers and a direct business model that keep prices low. Gallo is good, too, but you pay a lot in markups that you don't w/ the direct guys.

Bronze Member
Username: My_rantz

Australia

Post Number: 43
Manuel,

It is usually better to timbre match the rears with your main speakers especially if you listen to a lot of music. That being the case, I'd suggest the DM600 S3 which is wall mountable:

http://www.bwspeakers.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.models/label/MODEL%20DM6 00%20S3

otherwise if just for movies timbre matching is not so important which leaves you other options.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 289
My Monitor Audio R90s are very small & VERY attractive, but the R45s are even smaller & very beautiful as well.

Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Chitown

Post Number: 513
yes the MA R90's are quite beautiful and they do sound great. However I found them to be much more expensive and pretty much the same sound quality than a pair of Aperion's Intimus 422-LR that I bought instead at about 1/2 the price.

Silver Member
Username: Exerciseguy

Brooklyn, NY USA

Post Number: 290
Since I have not seen or heard the Aperions, I probably shouldn't comment, but from the pictures I've seeen of the 422LRs, it would seem the build quality is not quite on-par with the MAs. The MA Radius series are maybe the best I've seen, so it's not a fair fight IMHO.

The R45s are less expensive than the R90s, and more importantly for the purposes of this thread, smaller.

Silver Member
Username: Stu_pitt

NYC, NY

Post Number: 793
Manuel -
Have you considered in wall/ in ceiling speakers? I think B&W makes some. I have no idea what they would sound like, but their is a possibility that they would be timbre matched to your 602's.

Silver Member
Username: Gavincumm

New York USA

Post Number: 398
B&W makes a flat panel speaker designed to go on a wall that compliments the look of a plasma TV. That would work great, and match your 602's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us