NAD C 272 & What Speakers?

Username: Bcollins

Rockport, MA United States

Post Number: 9
Hi,
I'm back with questions about best speakers to pair with NAD C 272. Decided to expand my budget-not satisfied with Kef Q7. Not bad at all but vocals are over pronounced with my favorite music. Eg: JJ Cale, laid-back R&B, and jazz. Considering B&W 704(well defined but understated low and high end), Boston Acoustics VR-M90, Comparable Energy Veritas(smooth but slightly colored), Paradigm Studio 60(exteded but loose bass/nice detailed high end). Does anyone have experience with these? Please comment if you do. Also, feel free to recommend any others that compare or exceed these. Thank you, I appreciate any feedback you can provide. List price from $1000 $3000. Less if possible for comparable sound!
Bill

Silver Member
Username: Jonmoon

Post Number: 214
Bill, I don't have real experience with the speakers you mention other than auditioning Paradigms. I have the Nad C272 and went with Martin Logan speakers. I have the amp driving Mosaics which sound pretty nice. ML is discontinuing some models and the Ascents or Aeons are probably available in that price range. I would suggest you audition if you can. I found that I really enjoyed the planar sound much more than box speakers (that would include Magnepans and Bohlender Graebners as others to try).

Silver Member

Post Number: 216
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 24
Hi Jonathan,
Thank you for the feedback. I'll certainly look into your recommendations. I think I can find the ML's to audition, but I have'nt seen the others in my area (Boston). I'll keep looking though. thanks again,
Bill

Anonymous

Helloo...guys...whts a day ...i just got the 2 speakers for 300 dollars....and i dont htink it is worth that much...i was at the bank of america ATM machine and this guy pulls uup to me next to my car showing me tha magazine..and i thought it was a good deal..this is in Ardmore,PA..He told me his name is Felix and his number is 215 327 6879.I do not know what to do...any ideas ..please email me...

Anonymous

hello im curious i want to put 2 15 inch 1000 watt subs into my car they are gonna be serwen vegas but i listen to techno music so i was curious if i shoudl also put in 2 12's or 2 10's cause i want to still be able to ghear my music but i want major bass im putting this in a 1998 izuzu rodeo plz tell me what u think im gonna power all this with 2 2000 watt blitz amps they are 4 channel's yes i know.... im gettign 2 extra batteries just to run them lol

Gold Member
Username: Artk

Albany, Oregon USA

Post Number: 2448
ProAc Response D15, Spendor S8E, Naim Ariva, Totem Hawk, and Vienna Acoustics Mozart Grand.

Silver Member

Post Number: 221
Bill, any decision or discussion on what you have listened to?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 25
Hi Jonathan,
I'm still looking. I haven't found anything completely satisfying under $2000. I've recently listened to Monitor Audio RS-6, Dali Ikon-6, Spendor S5e, B&W 704, Paradigm Studio 60, Kef Q7, Energy, Boston Acoustics, etc. Every dealer I visit thinks their limited line is the best and trashes everyone else. Magazine reviews generally are not consistent with my impressions when I listen to the same speakers. Can't find a dealer that has a broad enough line to do side-by-side comarisons. Getting frustrated with the lack of honest info. from people who are in a position to know. So the search continues. Maybe I'm expecting to much for the money. I have listened to some Viena Acoustics and Martin Logans-nice but too much money. I liked many of the qualities of some of the above speakers, but all seemed to sacrifice too much for their better qualities. I guess I'm still trying to find that gem of a speaker that has it all and is still affordable. (Aren't we all!) I'll just keep searching though. Thanks for your previous suggestions, I'm still looking for some of those models to audition.
All the best,
Bill

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
I understand. Once you listen to the higher priced models, it gets tough. I heard the Martin Logan Vantage and I really want it despite the fact that I wouldn't spend that much money on a speaker unless I had money to burn.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us