If a amp had a fan in it all ready...

Username: Fat600

Post Number: 1
i have a sony stero ( pice of **** ) it has a fan in it if i unplug the fan will the amp overheat and not work because there is nuffing wrong with it i just want a decent system
thanks enzo
( sorry about the spelling)

Post Number: 2
hello any one

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6294

Hello. What exactly are you looking for us to say?

Post Number: 3
will it break if the fan is removed from the amp E.G will it over heat and stop working?

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 669
you are joking right? you know what the purpose of a fan is right? removing HEAT right? so how will turning it off not lead to overheating issues? are you like 10?

Post Number: 4
i wanna take a fan out of an amp u gotta problem with that ? i was asking ok
thank you thats all i wann know
BTW 15

Silver Member
Username: Touche6784

USA

Post Number: 671
would you take the radiator fan out of your car? next time you have a question, think about what it is you are asking and see if you can come to the conclusion yourself. oh, and being 15 and not being able to figure out what a fan does is still pretty lame.

nout
Unregistered guest
There's no need to get hostile towards Enzo, come on!
Removing the fan is not wise, but the amp is not likely to overheat in an instance and I wouldn't be surprised if the amp doesn't ever overheat at all, it is very likely the fan is placed as an precaution only.
Still, I would not remove it.

Gold Member
Username: Jan_b_vigne

Dallas, TX

Post Number: 6303

What does the fan have to do with having a decent system?

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 465
might be noisy.

if it overheats and shuts down, then you need it.

like the old joke goes...

"doctor! doctor! it hurts when i do this!"
"well stop doing that then"

Post Number: 5
ok i have a crap stero its a sony i wanted to take the fan out so hopfully it whoud overheat and break so i can get my money back and save up for a new streo because there is nuffing wrong with it i just dont like it
thanks nout

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 979
Enzo,

If you're not happy with the sound of the unit, you should be able to take it back. If you can't take it back, then you're lumped with it I'm afraid. If you disconnect the fan and play the unit fairly loud, the unit will more than likely just overheat untilt he protection circuitry kicks in. The amp will then shut down, but won't go wrong. The fan simply lowers the chances of the amp overheating earlier. Almost all amps have a thermal cutout to stop the amp from catching fire through overheating.

Regards,
Frank.

Post Number: 6
ok thanks Frank i will ring them up now with a and see what thay say i bought the stero and it sounds pants i payed 199.99 for a lump of crap
ta

Bronze Member
Username: Lovegasoline

NYC

Post Number: 83
If you want the amp to overheat and catch fire, can't you just open the case and pack it solid with a bunch of old rags then screw the case back together?
If it still doesn't catch fire, you could just return it and say it sounds funny and request Sony Warranty Service. When the service department calls you curious and bewildered as to why the amp was stuffed with rags, you can either say it came like that when you bought it, or you were advised that taking the fan out wouldn't make it overheat so you tried stuffing rags in it.
Or if your mother will allow it, put the amp in your oven (still connected to speakers) and turn the amp to the highest volume setting and turn the oven up to about 150-200 degrees F. When the fire department or police come, you can say you thought the amp was supposed to be played in the oven because the fan couldn't be removed: maybe they will file a report that you can pack with the melted amp when you send it back to Sony.
Hope this helps.

Silver Member
Username: Cheapskate

Post Number: 473
LOL

if you want to start a fire... someone with a name like "loves gasoline" might be the person to listen to.

you could always just sell the unit on ebay to recoup some of your loss oo, but if you just bought it, simply return it because it sounds like crap. (very muffled sounding huh? sony does that like no other brand) most reputable stores give you 30 days to return an item you're not satisfied with. some internet stores charge a 10% to 20% "restocking fee", but you'll at least recover most of your investment.

when you're in the market for something that sounds killer, look for panasonic SA-XR model recievers. my 55 totally spanks my onkyo (which was decent) and my NAD (which was very sony like). a panasonic class-d will spank any sony (except THIER class-d unit maybe) silly.
very detailed
tight bass
clear treble
awesome reach out and touch it midrange
fast dynamics
and
large image

before you go and void your warranty and be out ALL of your money, try a more sensible approach to getting rid of it.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us