Interconnects and wires

Username: Joelmoore498

Post Number: 1
Im new here and thinking of buying a cambridge 640a and 640c along with quad 11l speakers.how much should i spend on wires and interconnects (i heard about 10%) and are there any particular ones you would reccomend. thanks Joel

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 4109
Don't try to put a spending ratio on your cables. Just get some quality built interconnects and you will be fine, a lot of people will claim otherwise but that is their choice. A lot of differing camps on this one so prepare for a lot of different answers, which might confuse you even more so prepare to also make up your own mind.

http://www.audioholics.com/techtips/audioprinciples/cables.htm

nout
Unregistered guest
I'd recommend the best looking for the cheapest price if possible. :-)

I recently put my great looking blue Wireworld oasis III interconnects (+/- $80) to the test, I compared them with the freebies I got...the test was nothing more than switching back to the freebies after 3 years of listening to the Wireworlds...maybe I suddenly would be missing something or the sound would loose its finesse?
Nothing happened, it all sounded very familiair, identical to the sound I had listened to for over three years.

But maybe I could make just one recommendation: stay away from silver cables...not out of experience, but when reading audio magazines and forums, everyone seems to agree that silver cables brighten the sound...although I doubt if I would hear a difference between copper and silver...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us