Maybe...?

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3484
I posted a reply to others under an interesting "Speakers" thread named "Maybe". My post appeared under another thread, called "Non amplified music experiences". I have e-mail records of posts from "Maybe" that do not appear under "Non amplified music experiences". It is difficult enough, already, to keep track of the topics on this forum, and to keep subjects in mind.

I object!

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 682
I briefly read the original Maybe thread. Looked to me like it was turning into a slug fest. Perhaps the administrators decided it would be best to tone it down.

If so, I don't object...

Regards,
Frank.

Gold Member
Username: John_a

LondonU.K.

Post Number: 3485
Yes, I see, thanks, Frank.

But so little gets really sorted out on these threads. You can read direct answers to direct questions, and then the same question comes up again, shortly after, on the same thread, sometimes even from the same questioner. Context is everything. How can anyone know what is "off-topic" if the title changes?! I am thinking of backing off because it seems such a waste of time trying to be clear about what we are talking about. Perhaps this forum format has an inherently low signal-to-noise ratio.

Silver Member
Username: Frank_abela

Berkshire UK

Post Number: 687
John

The thread was meant to discuss aspects of unamplified music. It's turned into a slanging match between 3 or 4 parties. There's a couple of people who are trying to bring it back on-topic but theirs is a voice lost in the wind at the moment. Unless the main parties agree to discuss the thread's topic, there seems little point in contributing to it, in my view of course. :-)

Regards,
Frank.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us