Stereo amp to drive Paradigm Studio 20 / Monitor 7

Username: Jayachan

Post Number: 1
I am planning to buy a pair of speakers and an integrated amplifier to play my CDs. The system will be located in a large room with hardwood flooring. On the speaker side, I am currently looking at the Paradigm Studio 20s vs their Monitor 7s. The choice will boil down to whether the former are too small for the room. I need to decide what amp to buy - I am considering NAD C372 versus C320BEE. Will the latter be too weak to drive the Monitors? Based on the above options, what combo would you suggest? I listen to a wide variety of music including Classic Rock, Jazz, World music, Indian classical etc. Is there any other amp you would suggest? Thanks in advance for any inputs. -Vijay

Username: Nsanghani

Post Number: 5
Vijay,
I have heard the combination you mentioned at a local dealer i.e. NAD C320BEE with Studio 20's as well as Monitor 7's. the AMP works fine with Monitor 7's but does not drive the Studio 20's as well. Also I found Stusio 20's to be better than Monitor 7's. Take a look at NAD C352 which has 80W power vs the C320 which is 50W and C372 which is 150W.

I would be interested in knowing what you end up buying and how it sounds.

Neeraj
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us