Buying Klipsch SB1, SS.5, SC3?

Username: Dan614614

Post Number: 1
Hello gentlemen, forgive me for being a noob...
I'm moving, and making my first-ever home audio purchase. I've tried to read around on review sites, and have determined that the following speakers suit my tastes (and wallet):

Klipsch SB1 (fronts)
Klipsch SS.5 (rear surrounds)
Klipsch SC1 (front center channel)

No sub at this time, I'm in a small living room and am more into music than movies. But hey, I can always add if I need to.

My problem is this: The SC1 is now out-of-stock at the place where I'm buying these, and they are all discontinued models(why ya think they're so cheap, hehehe).

The Question: If I go with the Klipsch SC3 for my center, do you all think this will throw my sound outta wack?

Thanks a lot for your help in advance!

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 101
I doubt it would be a major issue. Try it and if you dont like it, return it.

Username: Dan614614

Post Number: 2
That's kinda my problem, I'm buying online and can't return for a refund, like at a Good Guys or Circuit City. I think I'm probably being too critical about it though. After all, it is in the same series (Synergy), just a newer and, dare I say, better model...

I'm just nervous since I really don't know anything at this time about audio and don't wanna ruin my dream. But hell, live and learn baby!

Thanks for your comment dude, I appreciate it. Settles my gut, kinda like the warm milk my grandma drinks.

Silver Member
Username: Stealth_c

Dublin, CA USA

Post Number: 104
Either way, as you say it is in the same line. It is more than likely they will all match up very well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us