Speakers for cambridge audio azur 640a

salim riaz
Unregistered guest
hi all,
i'm thinking of picking up the azur 640a, and was wondering which speakers to pair with it. some friends suggested the mission m33i floorstanders, but i need some solid advice here. any suggestions??

Bronze Member
Username: Tevo

Chicago, IL USA

Post Number: 70
Your ears are the only things that give solid advice. The suggestions we give are just names of speakers that have sounded good to our ears. Go out there and listen.

That said, Mission makes some very nice kit. For moderately powered integrated amps, look for speakers that have decent sensitivity, especially if you like to listen at higher levels (i.e., loudly).

How much are you looking to spend? I believe the Missions you mentioned are in the $350USD range.

Jasdeep
Unregistered guest
Hi Salim,

Loudspeaker are a matter of personal taste and choice like food.

If you are looking at a floor standers, do audition stunning Tannoy Loudspeakers

1. Tannoy Fusion 4 - Lot of loudspeaker for the money. Good full range sound.

2. Tannoy Sensys 2 - Excellent sounding speaker for the people who crave for clarity and resolution, completely different from Fusion 4.

Have you bought Cambridge Audio 640A,its a nice amplifier.

Regards,

Jasdeep Brar.
Delhi

Bronze Member
Username: Jim_mcbob

Post Number: 43
On a related (somewhat) tangent: I have an old NAD amp that's about to give up the ghost. Am thinkin of replacing it with either a new NAD (the 320bee), or a Cambridge Audio model, either the 340 or 540.

This will be running Ascend CBM-170s. Anyone have any comments, one way or the other, about NAD v. Cambridge Audio for my entry-level to mid-priced system?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us