NAD + Wharfedale?

riche
Unregistered guest
I recently purchased a NAD 773. Great amp (except for a little hiss which the dealer is looking into). Now I am looking to upgrade my speakers. I am about three inches away from buying a Paradigm Studio set up with the 60s for the mains. I have a friend who works for a dealer and may be able to hook me up with a deal for a Wharfedale system in the new Opus line. Any thoughts on Wharfedale with this amp? Warfedale Opus compared to Paradigm? Wharfedale as a speaker in general? Any info on these guys would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

bump

riche
Unregistered guest
Nobody knows anything about Wharfedale? Or is the lack of response a pretty good indicator that I shouldn't be wasting my time considering this manufacturer?

Bronze Member
Username: Goose

Post Number: 41
I know next to nothing about Wharfedale, except that they are based in the UK and have been around for years, making speakers that are, on the whole, decent. However, if what is available around here is any indication, the silence on this issue is probably because no one can buy them! There are only two dealers within a day's drive of me, and both only stock the Diamond series. I want to check out the Pacific Evolution line myself, but no one has them, or will get them in except on special order. The distributor's rep actually offered to let me listen to his own personal speakers, but that's not really the answer.

For what it is worth, the Diamond series does seem to get good reviews, but it is definitely a budget speaker.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us