Vandersteen + Arcam and comments on NAD

Bronze Member
Username: Dpriwin

Post Number: 25
Yesterday I had a chance to audition Vandersteen VLR-1's (bookshelf), their small Center Channel, and surrounds all powered by Arcam (AVR 200). I was very impressed by the entire setup. I enjoyed the VLR-1's "simplicity", meaning that I heard what was there and it seemed nothing had been added. The baby Arcam sounded very impressive too. Comments on the Vandersteens?

So, now I have another set of speakers to add to my Paradigm Studio 40/Monitor5, and Dynaudio 52 list. Would either of these brands of speakers match well with Arcam?

About NAD. The dealer I visited is also a certified NAD dealer and after my repeated questions he conceded that they are having a really hard time with the quality of NAD products. The hissing and humming problem seems to be prevalent from what he told me. Of course his comments may have been colored just a bit to lead me in the direction of Arcam, but he seemed way more like an audiophile than a sales person.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 86
Daniel,

The posts on this board speak to the quality of NAD.

Do a side by side test - Arcam vs. NAD. Your ears will leave you with no question as to which is the better product.

Please feel free to email me or send me a private message if you want more details.

Michael
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us