Pioneer Elite VSX 43TX does anybody have this unit?

Anonymous
I was just trying to get some feed back on this receiver I am really interested in buying it.

Sarandon Johnson
Hey ask Elitefan or Hawk. I know that Elitefan has the VSX-45TX. He is in this forum, you can probably ask him.

G.DawG
It is a great receiver. You may want to jump up to the 45 (or 55) to get the MCACC.I kicked my self for not doing that. The difference between an Kenwood 6070 and a Pioneer Elite is...well theres no comparison.

G.DawG
http://www.ecost.com/ecost/shop/detail.asp?dpno=263819

elitefan
I did have the 43tx and it is a great sounding receiver but I wanted the 45tx due to it's better remote and phono input. I have heard and read that both are getting hard to find since they are out of production. I don't really care about the MCACC since I prefer to due the calibration myself with a sound level meter. If you can find one of these receivers go for it.

C.Sun
I saw the new 53tx is no more expensive than 45tx. but I found that remote control for 53tx is not as good as 45tx, how come ?
Any major difference between 45tx and 53tx ?
Should I get a 53tx instead of 45tx ?

G.DawG
The 53TX is the replacement for the 43TX not the 55TX.

C. Sun
then what's the major difference between 53tx and 45tx ?

C. Sun
53tx is not really better than 45tx ?

elitefan
The 45tx has a phono input and a better remote than the 43 or 53. The 55 has the better remote and a firewire output. The 45 is getting hard to find I am told.

G-Man
The 53Tx is the new replacement for the 43Tx and the 55tx is the new replacement for the 45tx. You can get great deals on closeouts for the 43Tx at hookedontronics.com for $488. If you want the new model 53Tx you will pay about $750. Is the 53Tx worth $750? Probably, but it isn't worth the difference from the 43Tx that's for sure.

The 45Tx is being closed out for $718 at hookedontronics. If you want the 55Txi you will pay a big premium also--it lists for $1700, but can be had for $1098. Admittedly the 55txi has the 49txi's fire wire connection the I-Link. This is only useful if you connect it to a DVD player that has firewire like the Pioneer Elite 47Tx. And as this model DVD player is being upgraded you can find it very discounted at the same site. Plus it also has SACD and DVD-Audio.

I have the DVD player, but also have the new Denon 2900 which can do the same things, except it doesn't have fire wire. But the Denon is built like a tank and when I hooked it up (and also hooked the Pioneer) to a friends obscenely expensive Fujitsu 50" HDTV plasma set (i don't own a HDTV set yet)the quality of the Denon over the Pioneer was rather apparent. Not in the audio realm, but in the video realm. Probably because Denon uses the Panasonic RP-82 chipset for the chroma levelling and other video properties and then adds its own build quality and SACD/DVD-Audio on top of it.

The difference isn't apparent on my Sony 36" set--but it is apparent on a very high quality HDTV.

The Panasonic 30 and RP-82 are great if you don't want the extra SACD and DVD-Audio formats. But it appears that the Yamaha 2300 and the Denon 2900 are considerably superior in the video realm to what Pioneer has put out in the past. I hope Pioneer copies the chipset, because the i-link is a fantastic thing and the other companies should put "fire wire" in their receivers and DVD's too.

What a wonderful world it would be :-)

I dont consider the 53tx as a replacement for the 43tx.

The 53tx and the 55txi are basically the same. With the 55txi you get the Ilink firewire port, a usb port, an RS-232 port, and a nicer remote.

The 53 and 55 boast the same power amp and auto MCCAC. You'll note the 43tx has manual MCACC. For me spending $300 more for firewire, RS232 input and a usb input was not worth it.

I dont consider the 53tx as a replacement for the 43tx.

The 53tx and the 55txi are basically the same. With the 55txi you get the Ilink firewire port, a usb port, an RS-232 port, and a nicer remote.

The 53 and 55 boast the same power amp and auto MCCAC. You'll note the 43tx has manual MCACC. For me spending $300 more for firewire, RS232 input and a usb input was not worth it. I ended up with the 53tx.

Neddy
Well I bought the 43TX at Sounds Surround in Calgary on sale for $798 CDN, it is definitely worth it, however I would never spend $1698 (previous Canadian Price), simply because I don't think any receiver is worth that much, and besides, I'm only in high school.

G-Man
Gerry--You may not consider the Pioneer 53tx the replacement for the 43tx but Pioneer does. It has dropped the 43tx and replaced it with the 53tx and dropped the 45 and replaced it with the 55tx.

Just off the presses, it is dropping the 49txi and replacing it with the 59txi.

The current line-up for the Pioneer Elite receivers will be as follows: 59txi, 55tx, 53tx, and the 41tx.

Bob James
Can someone please be secific on the difference between the 45tx and the 53tx? I have to know as I am ready to pull the trigger on one of these fine units.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us