NAD L 70

Username: Rockdoctor

Post Number: 2
Has anyone purchased the new NAD L70 AV reciever DVD combination?? Hoping to find out how it compares to seperate units.
Any commments or input greatly appreciated

Rockdoctor...

Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 12
I have the L70 as a temporary replacement till the T742 problem gets fixed. T742 suddenly lost its left channel begnining of Dec03. I bought the T742 in August. The distributor provided this replacement till they figure out what the problem is and if they can fix it or give me a replacement for T742.

I was considering the L70 too before I decided on the T742. There is a lot of difference in the sound. I am happy that I didn't buy the L70. The vocals are just not as pleasing as they are with the T742. The sound is thinner than the T742.

I usually enjoyed listining to music late hours of the nite with the T742. But the L70 isn't that pleasing to listen to and I find myself sleeping earlier.

I found the bass slighly tighter with the L70. Even the FM reception seems better on L70.

The remote that comes with L70 is good. Its the NAD HTR2 learning remote. The T742 is a basic remote. Just controls the T742 nothing more.

If you are looking for a system for movies a lot and less of music (80:20) and on a tight budget then L70 is a good buy. I would buy it myself too for such a requirement.

But if you have a 50:50 (movie:music) usage, then DON'T go with L70.

Hope this helps

Jaggu.

Post Number: 5
Thanks for the info.. I have decided on a new T742. it really seems the way to go for the dollars.. I really appreciate the info on the L70.

Thanks Don..

Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 14
Just to add, theres T743 too, and people seem to be buying it for $500. Unless you getting a great deal for T742 you could have a look at what T743 is offering. You just might find some features you need and T742 lacks.

Jaggu.

Post Number: 7
743?? I will check it out,, thanks..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us