Newbie Biamplification Question

Dertman
Unregistered guest
I have a pair of NHT V2s and I just purchased an SA3 with the intention of biamping them. Since the amp only has a "+" & "-" (1 pair), what is the proper way to wire the Left speaker "+" & "-" and the Right speaker "+" & "-"? Should two wires be put into the banana plug and inserted into the amp "+" and then insert one into the Left "+" & one in the Right "+" and then repeat for the "-"?

Username: Gman

Post Number: 82
You are talking about bi-wiring--not bi-amping. Bi-amping (which can be useful) requires different amplifiers hooked into the tweeter, the midrange, and the woofer.

Bi-wiring is basically pointless, although the audiophile mags that don't know electrical physics like it.Scary that they wouldn't know that. Wiring from the same amp to the same speaker with different wires doesn't change anything, except maybe adding twice the diameter of the wire. The wire companies will love you, as will the retailers.

It adds no more power or control. That is a basic law of physics. You need different amps wired to a speaker for the change you might be looking for. Bi-amping works well with certain speakers.

dertman
Unregistered guest
Sorry if my post wasn't clear, but I am "biamping", the receiver is the primary amp that is powering the tweeter/mid and the SA3 will be for the woofer. The VT2s have two sets of binding posts.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us