Looking for warmth

Anonymous

About a week ago i bought the axiom m3ti after reading many great reviews about them. I was not able to audition speakers because i live in south america, so i had to make my decision based on reviews. Although I thought they were great speakers, i could not hear the warmth that I heard with my previous speakers which i had to replace because they were damaged (Revox symbol B 1988). My current amp is a crown xls-402 which I bought a couple years ago(also based on reviews) becuase of the amount of watts it had and because i knew the brand had very durable amps. Could I change the amp to get more warmth and smooth sound? cd player? which would be a good match with axiom m3ti?

thanks

Bronze Member
Username: Danman

Post Number: 89
The AXIOM M3 IS a warm speaker but you must realise that it is not one that is bloated with fake sound. I would suggest that you get a small subwoofer to add some degree of depth to your music. Remember, these are small speakers but very good ones. They are not very sensitive to special wires or different amps. I thnk that maybe your set up is already very good just needs a little add on.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest

Warmth is undoubtedly in the ear of the listener. No reviewer or other listener can tell you what you are hearing. What some hear as detailed others hear as bright. There is no doubt that a speaker that lacks the last octave of bass will need to balance its sound for life with or witout a subwoofer. Adding a sub can make a thin sounding speaker appear to have more foundation to the music but cannot make a bright speaker sound warm. So you must decide what your new sound is doing and not doing before you make a move.
Consider also that what you are hearing is largely determined by the room characteristics. What suited your old speakers may not be correct for the new sound; and, some adjustment might be the more appropriate route over a change in electronics.
Electronics and accessories can make a speaker sound quite different (assuming you don't subcribe to a flat Earth idea of everything sounds the same) but they make poor band aids when you are searching for synergy among your various components. Possibly moving to other electronics is where you should go, if you are moving up in quality of sound and not just sideways, to make a change. If you wish to explore the electronics route try the comments of some writers on this thread:

https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/home-audio/92590.html

Ignore the sillines they wish to interject, some people just have no sense of decorum.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 121
Jan, if I may. I checked out that forum and it gives me a considerable amount of insight as to the nature of comments amongst "the old dogs". I thank you for your comments. I have pondered many posts from you and others as you are far beyond me in audio knowledge. I can see how one would need a release from such tiring duties you all have. I can certainly context your posts more thoroughly from here on. Thanks :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us