Looking for good satellites to complement subs

Username: Merlinski

Post Number: 1
Right now I own two Image Dynamics IDQ12V2 car subwoofers that are now sitting in my basement because I no longer have a car (I'm at college). I want to set up a relatively powerful sound system in my room at school, and am looking for advice on two different questions. First, I have a Rockford Fosgate 701S (700 watts, 2 channel) amp to power these subs, which I was planning to run off a 120V AC to 12V/55A DC converter. Would this setup work as my bass for a dorm-room setup? Obviously these things are quite powerful, so I'm looking to find some speakers for relatively cheap (under $200) that will complement the subs.

I don't really have a preference as to 5-speakers or 2-speakers, considering that the main purpose is music not home-theater. Right now I have a JVC RX-5000VBK receiver that I'm going to try to use to power the speakers. Although 5.1 isn't essential, I was looking at the HSU Ventriloquist system for speakers, because it's near my price range and I could use it for home theater in a few years when I get a bigger place. Does anyone have any other recommendations for speakers? Obviously, I want it loud (look at my subs), but I'm also more into sound-quality than most college students.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us