Super Tweeter

Username: Nutopia

Post Number: 5
I have an SACD surround system setup and I was wondering if I should next invest in supertweeters? I don't know anything about them beyond the fact that they will make the hi-res much crisper. Can someone tell me some information about them, such as if I should buy new speakers with built in super tweeters or buy a super tweeter add-on, if I need a super tweeter for each of my speakers.....etc, etc!

Also, and references to equipment would be helpful if they were at least close to my price range, which is that of "poor college student," ie, if I would be better off getting "large" surround sound speakers instead of supertweeters on my "normal" speakers, tell me this. You guys rock--and you help me rock too :-)

Username: Nutopia

Post Number: 6
Ok, forget the Super Tweeter crap.
I need new speakers. I have a Kenwood VR615 receiver w/ Dolby Digital, DTS...and the speakers that came with it. Is this receiver good enough to keep given that I have a very limited budget (<$500)? If I can keep the receiver, what kind of better quality speakers can I find for music. I have an SACD player and want to hear all the nice high qualities of the sound. Any help would be appreciated!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us