The JVC HX-GD8... Is it worth anything?

HeelyJoe
Unregistered guest
I want to purchase a new minisystem for my room. The Aiwa NSX-D30 I have now is great, but not loud enough at all. Also I want something with a lot of bass in it, and so I looked at the JVC site. The HX-GD8 jumped out at me. But, I cant find many reviews on it, and the ones I do find are very mixed. Please help me out here! If anyone has had any experience with this system, or wants to make any suggestions for other minisystems, please do.

Unregistered guest
Hi HeelyJoe, I just bought the JVC HX-GD8, I also didn't find any reviews on it but I bought it anyways because it seemed really nice and LOUD.
I bought it from the internet and it's still on its way. So, as soon as I receive it I'll tell you how it works...See Ya....................

Unregistered guest
I have the Jvc HX-GX7 it has 520 watts. It pounds in my 12x20 room it shakes the whole room. On volume 18 my next door neighbors windows vibrate and it goes to 30. It is wicked.

Unregistered guest
I have the JVC-HX-GD8(3 actually). Its a very good mini system with lots of bass. I have 3 of them in a 8x8 room. Talk about bass. My neighbor 3 houses down can feel his window vibrating only at volume 18 out of 30.

Anonymous

I bought my JVC HX-GD8 in sept or oct of 2004 and i reccomend it over any other mini system. I have a 8x10 room and sitting on my bed when you feel the bass your eyes shake and it looks like the T.V. is moving, or maby it is it is amazing i get disturbance calls to the police all the time. So if i were any of you BUY IT, IT IS AMAZING. The sound quality is amazing as well and the wicked bass never gets ugly and distorted it is always rich and pounding, The tweeters sound is perfect and the midrange puts out those sounds perfedtly not to mention the pounding subwoofers

Username: Stereo_genious

USA

Post Number: 9
I have the JVC HX-GX7 in my bedroom. It pounds a lot. My mom can hear the bumpin' bass from all the way downstairs. As for the JVc HX-GD8, I can not give you a full review on that system because I have never heard it before, just the HX-GX7.

Anonymous

For those with the HX-GD8, does it have any input jacks on it (RCA/mini-stereo)?

Also, from most

Bol
Unregistered guest
Its a nice system but i recommend the Panasonic VK80d or the VK90d, both amazing!

Anonymous

this is the FUGLIEST minisystem in all of human history, and it sounds just as crappy as it looks too.

I think JVC must've hired a bunch of glue-sniffing 12 year homeless ghetto kids for its design team.

The Christmas Gook
Unregistered guest
slap my bell end and call me skippy

Bronze Member
Username: Willy_57

Moerbeke waas, Oost-vlaanderen Belgium

Post Number: 14
They have good stuff too.Try for example the EX-A10E and you have a system that is hard to beat.Plays also DVD-audio

Username: Jordanlad

Post Number: 1
It is very good but its now been replaced by the HXD7, which has now been replaced by the HXD77
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us