NAD T773 Sofware upgrade?

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
I have T773 NAD receiver and I would like to upgrade my software to the new 2.0 rev with the Dolby Digital Pro Logic IIx and Dolby Pro Logic IIx and the Enhanced Bass setting capabilities. Any idea how can I do it?

Thanks, Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Gatt767

Malta

Post Number: 69
Send an email to NAD support. The software will add new features and options on zones etc. For DPL2x you need to take the 773 to your supplier, as the decoding board needs to be replaced. HDCD decoding will be lost with the DPL2x upgrade.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
thanks, why my dealer say that it is only software upgrade and not hardware as well? I have sent a note to NAD to verify what needs to be done with these new Dolby Digital Pro Logic IIx and Dolby Pro Logic IIx and the Enhanced Bass setting capabilities.

Daniel

Dean M
Unregistered guest
Daniel, does this software upgrade apply to the T773 only or is it available for the T763 and T753 also?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 657
It's available for T773, T763, T762 and T163.

Bronze Member
Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 15
I have it on the T763 - came on my unit that I bought few weeks ago. It's v2.03.

I'd love to know what the technical explanation of "Enhanced Bass" in the speaker setup menu is.

Unfortunately NAD haven't upgraded the "TSeries PC Interface" software yet, so some of the features in the PC software won't work with the 2.03 firmware. NAD said in response to an email that they will be making the new software available soon, so perhaps then they will make the new firmware available for those who don't have it. http://www.nadelectronics.com/support/upgrades_framset.htm

I wonder if the T763 is hardware upgraded as well? It's only a 6 channel amp and PLIIx really requires 7 channel but the T763 has pre-amp outs, so I wonder...

See status msg in picUpload

Bronze Member
Username: Xvoid

Post Number: 16
some of the text in the screeny above got messed up a bit coz I had to resize it.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 71
These are the models that will get upgraded
T773
T763
The upgrade will not be avialable for the T762 and T753! Wished that the T762 was software upgradeable:-( Sent several E-mails to NAD but they are not seeing it as an option to upgrade current T762 receivers! MAKE some pressure current T762 owners maybe NAD will change their mind if they see it as costly viable!

Bronze Member
Username: Dary

Sao Paulo Brazil

Post Number: 12
Robert,
What they say about the T163?
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Billdashill

Post Number: 115
I wish NAD would upgrade their upper management. LOL

I'm staying far away from their AV stuff for now.

Good luck guys.

Bronze Member

Malta

Post Number: 72
The T163 as a processor is upgradeable, the same as the rest of the range. But, a board change will be required for DPL2x. Would have been nice if no hardware replacement was required, but at least the option is their for current T7X3 series with an rs232 port. The shame is that no upgrade paths have been offered for the T762, nads flagship receiver about a year ago! Any NAD T762 owners should do some pressure on NAD to supply us with new Firmware for the T762

Bronze Member
Username: Kingfish

Post Number: 44
I just got mine today, the T773. It has v2.03 firmware also.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us