Mounting bookshelf speakers on the wall...please advise

Username: Sinkdrain

Post Number: 5
I am about to buy Athena AS-B2 bookshelfs from Best Buy. I have to mount them on the wall and I'd like to know if their are any general guidlines. For example...can I mount them sideways? ARe they too heavy to use those "arm" mounts. The Athena's dont have any mounting plates on the back. Does this mean should use a shelf to put them on?

I'm planning on mounting them tomorrow...please advise.

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You can place the speakers horizontally if needed. Usualy you put the tweeters to the outside. Other than that normal placement rules are the same. If you put the speaker too high above ear level you will loose high frequencies. If you put the speaker near intersecting walls you will get muddy bass. The corner at the ceiling or floor is the most dangerous place in this regard. You can use the arm mounts but when you screw the mount to the cabinet you have to know where the crossover board sits inside the box so you don't put a screw through it. Normally you remove the woofer to look inside the box. Your speaker dealer may be able to help. If you put the speakers on a shelf make certain you secure the speaker to the shelf (PlastiTak or photo mounting plastic will do fine) otherwise the speaker can vibrate off the shelf.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us