Does anybody know where i can get the Pioneet VSX-1014-x

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Guys i was wondering if anybody knew about the Pio VSX-1014-X and where i can find it? I would mind trying it out. I've tried Best Buy, but i dont think they carry it.

John 85212
Unregistered guest
http://ww2.onecall.com/PID_24628.htm

I just bought one, really good price, $449. no tax or shipping.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
john how is it? i would love to get it and retire my yamaha.

John 85212
Unregistered guest
Sara I literally just bought it, should be here Wed. or Thurs. If you are still interested I will let you know what I think.

These new higher end Pioneers, in general, are pretty nice. This model has many of their Elite series features at a bargin price. Have you seen the Pioneer website page for the VSX-1014? Just awesome. On paper it rocks. There is no test like actually having it in your home and using it through a good set of speakers. I'm using the Athena Micra 6, they sound incredible for small satellites. I'm also running an additional 12" powered sub. There is no substitute for the Earth moving power of a 12" or 15" sub. If the power amp sounds great then this receiver has to be considered a gem. If the sound doesn't live up to my expectations then I won't keep it. I'll check back here if you are still interested in my experience with this receiver.

Username: Space_ace

Post Number: 1
John, I would be very interested in your opinion of this receiver. I'm trying to narrow my choices down and this one is near the top of my list. Also on my list is the upcoming Onkyo TX-SR602. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 584
The SR602 doesn't have pre-outs wich would be a deal breaker for me. It looks good though.

Post Number: 2
You're right, that would put some people off, but I have no need for pre-outs. I can't wait for CEDIA in 2 weeks so I can get more info. on the 602.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
i too want preouts so when i change my speaker setup, i have the ability to add a amp to the mix.
i also found out that from two different websites that the pioneer 1014 does or does not have OSD. And having OSD is a BIG deciding factor. if not i would probably go with the Yamaha 1400 or the new 1500 or a Marantz SR-5400 or SR-6400.

Anonymous

hey fellas, what is OSD? what does it do? i'm in the same boat here, dunno which to consider this 1014, Onkyo 602, Yammy 650 in the $425-450 range or maybe just a tad bit more for the Yammy 1400 which is discontinued

Post Number: 4
For those who are interested, the 602 is now on the Crutchfield website.

Anonymous

OK, so no pre-outs for the 602...how about component video switching (xxxMHz) for each of the above, Pio 1014 & Yammy 650? I know the 602 has 50MHz.
Denon 2105 is also in the same price range (100MHz + pre-outs)...

Post Number: 5
I think the Pioneer is 40mhz and the Yamaha is 60mhz.

Richard D
Unregistered guest
I recently picked up the VSX-1014, also from onecall. I have it running on a set of Design Acoustics speakers (somewhat older models, great sound though), and also hooked up to the digital out on my htpc. I did have an older pioneer, but it was getting to be quite outdated. To whoever asked, OSD is an On Screen Display, useful for configuring the various inputs.
There are four digital audio inputs on the back (two are coax, two are spdif), and you can select which video source you want to pair with each one, all conveniently through the OSD. There is also a front panel which comes down, hiding the front inputs and buttons (composite, s-video, spdif, left / right audio).
Really, I'm quite surprised there isn't a review of the VSX-1014, because for the price, or even at twice street, it's a great bargain. The auto MCACC works well, the fit and finish is top notch, and I have yet to find anything about it that's even slightly disappointing.
If you look at the Pioneer Elite 54Tx, this is essentially that same receiver, only main difference is the lack of an RS-232 control port.
Bottom line - I looked around at a lot of different receivers from Denon, Sony, Marantz, and others - I couldn't find any other receiver that approached what the VSX-1014 offers at this pricepoint.
I'm definitely quite pleased both from a features standpoint, and with the overall quality and cleanliness of the sound. It's quite capable of driving any speaker you'd want accurately in both music or home theatre.

Post Number: 6
Glad you like your new VSX-1014TX. I do believe the 1014TX is more of a twin brother to the 52TX than it is to the 54TX. I'm also looking into the Onkyo TX-SR602, but info. is slightly rare right now. I hear it will be out in the next few weeks though. As of right now the Pioneer is at the top of my list. Enjoy.

Bronze Member
Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 14
Try Ebay, there was a person out of North or South Dakota, that was selling the 1014 for $399.00-$499.00 cant remember exactly! Worth a look though!
Alvin

Bronze Member
Username: Awj53

West Sacramento, CA USA

Post Number: 15
Just went to Ebay and looked! The units are new, factory fresh out of Ellsworth AFB in South Dakota for $399.00 plus $45-49.00 shipping! A/V receivers-Pioneer-VSx1014TX will take you to it! Good luck!
Alvin

Post Number: 8
I really want the 1014TX, but it seems the only place to get one right now is over the internet, at least in my area anyways. My local Goodguys had a brand new VSX-2012 for $499. I almost pulled the trigger yesterday. I know the 1014 will get into the stores eventually. Must be patient.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
hey does anybody know if the remote from the vsx-2012 can work on the vsx-1014tx-k? if so where can i get it?

Post Number: 9
Check Pioneer's website. I'm sure they will have it.

John 85212
Unregistered guest
Here's my update:

I've been using the Pioneer VSX-1014 for almost a week now and agree with Richard D's post. Everything he highlighted is accurate, just a great receiver full of features and top notch build quality.

The sound processing is nice, the low end is very full sounding and tight, no mud. My sub, which was a little boomy with my previous receiver, is amazingly tight and more powerful sounding. Great pre-amp in this receiver. I have a few older cd's that really did sound old on my previous receiver. I attributed this to their age. Well somehow the 1014's preamp processing gives them a new shine, as if they were recorded recently. And yet my newer CD's aren't altered at all, they sound just as accurate and good as before. The chip programming is superior on this pioneer, the soundfield in movies is seemless, completely immersive. The receiver is 7.1 but I'm only using 5.1 and it's great. There are no gaps, the sound, unlike my previous 5.1 receiver, can't easily be pinpointed as comming from a specific speaker, it's all around as if I had a 12 channel discrete system. Maybe this has to do with the MCACC set up. Each speaker is individualy EQ'ed for the rooms accoustics wherever the speaker is located. And it also compensates for any variences from one speaker to the next even though they are identical, except for the lager center speaker. I've tried HK's EZ setup, that is primative compared to this. Yamaha has a version of this but a couple of reviews have found some aspects of their auto setup to be flawed, not accurate. Pioneer really has brought their automatic set up to maturity, it really works!

The pioneer is using 48 bit processing at 180 MIP's. Top notch, best sound in this price range and as Richard stated, at twice this price. THX select, lots of power, great universal learning remote (only complaint; it's lacking a backlight). In fact, that's my only complaint about the entire receiver, no backlighting on the remote!

I highly recommend this receiver, once the reviews are published this receiver will be much sought after. Possibly, this unit will be awarded the best receiver of the year in its price range from multiple publications and review sites.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Well guys it is official!! I am going to replace my tried and true yamaha with the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K!! But I am going to wait for Best Buy to start stocking the receiver. Then once I see it with my two eyes, I will buy it. Now i can buy the speakers i would like to have for my home theater sysetem. Of course if i dont like it, i can return it and get either a marantz or a pioneer elite receiver or get the 2400 for a low price and buy a two channel amp for the mains for two channel music.
Wish me luck!!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 672
Sarandon,
You mention "speakers I would like to have" etc. Do you have a certain speaker in mind and if so what? Just curious and I should say that it's nice to see you interested in a Pioneer after talking to you for so many months about this stuff and Yamaha's etc. I am very interested in what you think of the 1014 when you get it so keep me posted. As you say if you don't like it you can get a 2400 but I would say if that happens wait for the new 2500 as it is supposed to have a pure direct mode. Maybe Yamaha is finally waking up and realizing that direct is the way to listen to 2 channel sources. Good luck and talk to you later.

Unregistered guest
Best Buy has them in stock now at my local store. Looks to good to be true -- a lot of features for the money. I was thinking of the Denon 2805, Yamaha V750, or Harman Kardon AVR 430 -- but this does seem like a better deal. The only thing I'm not sure of is the headphone performance -- I tend to use headphones a lot -- and the HK has Dolby Headphone.

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
Thank you sooo much for the reply elitefan!! I was thinking about the Polk Audio Monitor series or some Klipsch speakers or some other speakers i may like for the Pioneer. Murmc77, where do you live? The reason why i am asking is because i live in Dallas, Tx and i go by the store and they don't have in stock yet. Man I can not wait until i see this receiver!! from what i can tell, it looks pretty stout and large!!! Hey elitefan i have some Sony HT satalite speakers for my Yamaha 440 receiver, which really does tone down the brightness that receiver has, but i was wondering do you think it will sound great with the pioneer once i get it? Now i just wish the pioneer has headphone surround like HK and Yamaha does.

Silver Member
Username: Rh1

Post Number: 128
The Pioneer 914k sounded neutral to me when I demo'd it a couple of months ago, definately not as bright as a Yamaha

Sarandon
Unregistered guest
that may be true, but i tend to stay away from the lower end Pioneer receivers. But the 1014 IMHO is an exception.

Username: Nikonsrme

Post Number: 1
Does anyone know if the Pioneer VSX-1014TX-K has any Zone 2 capabilities. Specifically I would like to know if you can use your 2 extra amps connected to a second zone if you are using a 5.1 only setup. Thanks.

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 688
Sarandon,
If you are interested in Polk's look at the RTi series instead of the Monitor series. I talked to Polk a couple weeks ago about both and they told me that the Monitor's were designed for Circuit City and that's why they no lnger carry the Rti's . The RTi has better drivers and believe it or not Crutchfield had good prices on them right now. Polk told me that even a lower priced RTi will sound better than a more expensive Monitor.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us