Analog adio input problems

pg823
Unregistered guest
After returning from a trip, I have discovered that none of the analog audio inputs on my Pioneer VSX-36tx arre functioning properly. The FM tuner produces nothing but noise even when tuned to local channels. My cable box also runs through the analog audio inputs and similarly just produces noise. Also, whenever an analog adio source is selected, the red "over" (meaning overload) icon appears and using the remote's feature of decreasing the analog signal strength does nothing to help the problem. All of the digital inputs work fine. Could something such as lighning have fried the analog audio inputs without harming the digital inputs?

Silver Member
Username: Geekboy

Newport, RI United States

Post Number: 359
PG823: yeah... you may have got zapped through your cable box. But still, very strange. It's all speculation at this point.

I don't know how to do a master reset on the Pioneer VSX-36TX, but you may want to try that. Otherwise, you can take it in for service and get a quote.

If you had it connected to a surge proected which has an equipment protection guarantee you will probably be covered

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1367
have you tried disconecting everything from the unit,
then try 1 analog source at a time?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us