Pls help in av receiver connections

Gerard
Unregistered guest
I am using a Kenwood KR-V5050 receiver and a built in decoder DVD player. Recently I bought a powered Infinty subwoofer. I am connecting it using 6 channels from the DVD player to my receiver and a pre out from my receiver to my subwoofer. However I am not getting any sound from the subwoofer. Where did I go wrong here ?Pls help!!

modsw
Unregistered guest
Gerard,
Try to find out if the sub audio is getting lost in the amp. Hook your sub directly to the Sub output on your DVD player. If the sub works, then the LFE signal is getting lost in the receiver. (be sure the Disk you are playing utilizes the LFE channel) If connected directly to the DVD player and still no sub, then suspect your cabling, the sub, or even the DVD players settings.

Gerard
Unregistered guest
Yes i did got sound after hooking up to the DVD player.Thanks a lot. But why is this happening to my receiver ??Its a 6 channel analog receiver but yet the signal is lost. Pls aadvice on what to do next. Millions of Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1371
gerard all recievers are different on how the sub is setup.

you will either need to read the manual or bring
up the on screen menu and go through all the settings.

sub output for your analog in's may just be turned off.
or set to go tho the front speakers.

gerard
Unregistered guest
there r no settings for front speakers only centre speakers(normal or large)I have tried both.The manual also says that when in 6 ch DVD mode , its unable to do any settings except with the DVD player settings. I tried all settings in the DVD player but still cant get any sound from the sub
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us