Help with wma files to Lyra 1080 player

Anonymous

I have an RCA Lyra 1080 MP3 player. I used musicmatch to download some songs. However, I am unable to copy the downloaded WMA files to the MP3 player. I can only copy MP3 files. The unit is supposed to support both WMA and MP3.
Any suggestions are appreciated

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1211
how are you loading the files to the Lyra?
Make sure the Lyra is also formatted to accept WMA files. Or you could convert the WMA files to MP3.

Username: Lumax

Post Number: 1
I am loading it using the supplied software which is musicmatch. I did not see an option to format the lyra to accept WMA files.
DO you know how to format it?
How can I convert WMA to MP3?

Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Project6

Post Number: 1213
try this.
Keep the player on and remove the batteries, replace the batteries aftera few seconds and then turn it back on.
Remove any tracks on the player.
Check your music on the computer and make sure it doesn't have any that plays a bit rate more than 128 kbps. Also check the music properties on your computer if it is copy protected.
Don't mix mp3 files and wma together in the player as lyra i very finicky about this things. See if they have a firmware upgrade and upgrade as soon as you can.

Anonymous

Actually, while the RCA Lyra 1080 player does play WMA, it does not play "protected" WMA files but unprotected ones instead. Music downloaded through MusicMatch (and like programs) are "protected WMA" files. Nice little caveat they don't but on the package eh? We understand that RCA has no immediate plans making the player's software able to handle protected WMA (it can be done, but they are not doing it yet. Not entirely their fault. Some folks are trying to code a solution).

check LYRA_RD1080@yahoogroups.com for updates...

Unregistered guest
My RCA mp3 1080 player wont keep the volume on when I turn it on it slowley goes silent? How do I keep the volume on? It wont work with the volume control.

Laurana
Unregistered guest
Every time I turn on my Lyra it plays the same songs in the same order even though I want it to shuffle. I use it everyday for jogging and it gets boring listening to the same thing everyday. Is there any way to shuffle in a different order?

Anonymous

The Lyra RD1080 has an issue with shuffle. I have the extended warranty from Future Shop and brought it in comlaining of this - they replaced it with an RD 1080B - I did have to haggle a bit but it was worth it. It shuffles much better and even has a program function now.

Steview
Unregistered guest
RCA has just posted a new firmware upgrade that supposedly lets one play protected WMA files. Beware , It has crashed my player though.

Anonymous

Steview,
What happend when your Lyra crashed?
Is the firmware on the RCA website?
How did you fix your player after it crashed?
do you recommend the update?

Thanks

Pratt
Unregistered guest
I cant download songs from my own cds to my RCA 1080 , i get the message that it only supports mp3 files, sO iam stuck with whatever songs I have on the player already and also I cant see the list of the songs I already have on the player, when I hook it to the portable device manager. Please help.
Thanks

Username: Moises

Post Number: 1
I have the RC Lyra 1080, by mistake I erased the Lyrasys folder. Whenever I want to switch on the MP3 on the display I can read "Missing Lyrasys folder" and it does not work. What can I do??

Ms.Kat
Unregistered guest
I am having the same problem with my Panasonic Shockwave MP3/FM radio device ---I downloaded about 15 songs from MusicMatch and since they are "protected" WMA files, they will not play on my player. I called Panasonic and lamented to them, but all I was able to get out of them is an apology ...although they did suggest that I use Windows Media Player to transfer my files onto my device (I was previously just going through the Windows Explorer "My Computer" route). I don't know why, but sometimes the word "Protected" shows up in the device's display window and sometimes it doesn't. Still didn't make any difference though, the damn files won't play! I went onto MusicMatch's website and filled out a questionnaire re: their services, and I requested to be contacted. That was last night (Fri-Nov.26,2004). Wonder if I'll ever get a response that's useful?

Anonymous

i have an ipod and am wondering how you transfer musicmatch files to itunes. I tried and it says it can't because the files from MM are protected.

Unregistered guest
How do i put music on to my SD card from the computer

davis_bryan
Unregistered guest
I have an RCA Lyra and i can only download about 100 songs on it with a 512 MB disc in it how do i mkae the size of the songs smaller?

joe shmo
Unregistered guest
ive had my rca lyra RD1080 for like 2 months now i got it from one of my friends as a gift but it was her bro's and i dont have the instructions can some please help me figure out how to put song on it please ive been dying to have a mp3 player and now that i have one i cant even use it?!?!?! seems strange right? please some one contact me at sicilian2212@hotmail.com your help is deeply appreciated and helpful thanks.

Anonymous

Plug player to computer thru USB cable. Open Musicmatch and click on portable device on left hand column. Click and drag songs to player. Make sure songs are of MP3 format and not WMA because they will not transfer. I don't know why because the Lyra 1080 should be able to hold WMA files according to the information on the package.

Unregistered guest
Why would RCA supply MM software if you cannot use it to put songs on this player?!! I have the Lyra 1090 and have been going crazy trying to put songs that I purchased on this device. Where can I find WMAs that are not protected if the lyra is supposed to hold WMAs? I guess it is not possible to convert the MM wma to mp3 since they are protected? Does anyone know. When I went on epinions, all reviews said easy to download....What can I do?

Anonymous

If I download music with MusicMatch, they are protected WMA files. Copy them to a CD. Copy the CD back to MM. The new songs that you have are now MP3 and can be copied to your 1080. This is what I have been doing and it works fine. It's a hasle, but it works!
When you copy the songs from the CD back to MM, you'll have to enter the track name and artist.

DAN L
Unregistered guest
ok....first of all i dont even know how to work this...i got this from a friend...no wires..nothin....now can i not download music onto it? or....like can i buy one at the stores

Unregistered guest
HELP ME PLZ!!! i have had the rd 1080 for about 6 months and i havent changed the music. when i try to downlod it only shows up on the internal drive. i have a 256 card in it and im wondering how to switch from internal to external drives. PLZ HELP ME!!
thanks in advance,
brian

Skylar
Unregistered guest
to add music to your sd card for lyra RD1080, put the card into your RD1080 then it should pop up in the "portable device" window. When you put it in makesure you are NOT in MMJ.

Unregistered guest
I also deleted my sys folder and now it displays "Bad or missing lyra sys folder"
HELP!

Sukhi
Unregistered guest
Can someone help me please!
I have a RCA Lyra 128MB and everytime i open musicmatch there is no way to delete the songs on the player or add songs to it. When I used to go to file there would be "send to device" but now its not there anymore. What should I do?

Anonymous

I have an MP3 Lyra and when i download songs, it gets downloaded onto a file on my computer and i can listen to it and everything on my computer but it doesnt download on my MP3 player. Can anyone help me?

Anonymous

http://www.musicmatch.com/info/plug-ins/?plugin=player&version=6.0&os=pc
Go to that link and download which ever RCA is appropraite and the "send to device" option will re-apear on your file menu.
However I also need help, whenever I go to "send to device" theres nothing on the screen for portable device. Its like my rca lyra isnt registering on my computer. I need help badly, I'm lost. Please E-mail me at T7hrasher@yahoo.com if you have any clue on what to do. I have the 128mb rca lyra and USB cable, but nothings registering. Thanks in advance

cutehlyicious
Unregistered guest
I recently bought an apple ipod mini. I have downloaded (and paid) for music from bigpond (.WMA) but when i want to convert these files to MP3 for my ipod it says they are 'protected'. As i do not have the original cd (got it from bigpond) how can i convert my files to MP3?

Unregistered guest
Can anyone help?
It's been months since I originally put songs on my Lyra 1080B. The player plays fine, but I can no longer access the internal memory (can't add or remove songs). When connected to the PC via USB port (tried three different PC's)-- the Lyra player display says it's connected but I can't access the player using Win-Doze explorer or Music match version 7.5.

The only thing I can think of at this point, is maybe my cable is bad-- but the player does say it connects when plugged into the PC.

Help please!
Matt
mestennis@yahoo.com

Unregistered guest
For additional clarification... there is no indication on my computer that the Lyra player is actually recognized. I tried loading the RCA CD software, tried adding a plugin within musicmatch and nothing seems to work-- the player is not recognized on any of the 3 computers I've tried it on.
Any ideas?
mestennis@yahoo.com

gdnbsgfnsgfngfdnf
Unregistered guest
hey everyone.

i'm having trouble with my RCA lyra mp3 player.

songs that i download off of napster wont play on it. they speed through on the screen but i hear no sound.

anyone know whats going on?

p.s: to get regular files from cd's that you rip onto the player, you go to "my computer" and open the lyra's file. open your "my music" section and drag the songs you want from "my music" to "lyra"
if you have any questions about that or an answer to my problem please email me

capobeachlp@cox.net

Vallely
Unregistered guest
I just got a 1090 mp3 player but i havent used it cuz I do not know if it will crash my computer downloading the songs.
PLEASE HELP

Unregistered guest
I have the RC Lyra 1080, I accidently erased the Lyrasys folder.I want to switch on the MP3 on the display I can read"MMissing Lyrasys folder.It didn't work. What can I do??

orangeplug
Unregistered guest
To everyone who accidently erases their Lyrasys folder: go to rca.com and obtain the upgrade. Follow the instructions there to install. It will provide you with your missing folder. Keep the installer on your computer in case you do it again or have any reason to refresh it.

The precise url is:
http://www.rcaaudiovideo.com/Cultures/en-US/RD1080RD1090_Firmware.html

Anonymous

I just got an RCA Lyra 1080 from a friend. When I plug it into my MAC via the USB, I can see MP3s on in the RCA_Lyra device, but when I try to listen to them, I am getting a message that there is no playlist?!? Can someone please help me?

Anonymous

I have a Lyra 1090. The instructions say to drag and drop files on a Mac OSX. When I try drag and drop or to export from iTunes, the Mac freezes up and just spins. Does it work with a Mac or is it just advertising?

Unregistered guest
I have a lyra RD1080 when I light it it shows this message "bad or missing lyra sys folder". I have follow the RCA instruction with the musikmatch jukeboxe software but it does not work.How can I do to resolve this?

Unregistered guest
I have an rca lyra rd1020 and it doesn't acually play mp3's, only .mpx files or wma. I read a review and it says I would have to convert the mp3s. Does anyone know a way to convert these files or a program I could use? thanks alot.

Rebecca Lynn
Unregistered guest
I have an rca rd1028A and for some reason it doesnt detect it on the music match jukebox, Can anyone help me?

Unregistered guest
I have major issues with my RCA 1080 lyra I have not been able to listen to the songs that are stored in the extended memory. When I first bought the card I was able to put 90 songs on my player by using sync on the device manager. I have MM version 10 I found the link on one of these forums (cannot find original software). Also I was able to select which device to store to the extended memory or the player itself. If I turn on the player and select music with the card in place the player crashes. If I pull out the card I am able to hear the songs stored on the player only. If I open the folder on the computer I can see all the songs downloaded on my player. If I want to only see the songs stored on the player it says there is no play list and to add a plug in. I've already done that. However I did notice in the lyra sys folder. the plug in file said that the "paramiter is incorrect". I really need help badly this situation is getting worse. I haven't used my player in so long because I couldn't find my usb cable and software and such, but now I'm having all these problems what can I do to fix this. Thanks to anyone that can help!

Anonymous

I have an RCA_Lyra RD2762B and I downloaded both upgrades, it won't work with the pc at my house and it worked once with the macs at my class in school, I put some of the music on it from the itunes music libraries that other kids had saved(all mp3 files).

It worked once and now nothing, the macs wont even detect the player anymore even though the play says "safe to disconnect."

PLZ HELP!!!

Anonymous

I have an RCA_Lyra RD2762B and I downloaded both upgrades, it won't work with the pc at my house and it worked once with the macs at my class in school, I put some of the music on it from the itunes music libraries that other kids had saved(all mp3 files).

It worked once and now nothing, the macs wont even detect the player anymore even though the play says "safe to disconnect."

PLZ HELP!!!

Travs clay
Unregistered guest
what can i do to fix my missing lyra file

« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us