NAD T753 versus T752

Username: Googol_plex

Post Number: 5
I've narrowed down my options list to the T752 and T753.

I can't find any information about the T753 on NAD's web site. I looked for it on:

www.nadelectronics.com
&
www.nad.co.uk

I ended up with these 2 products on my short list because I want an A/V receiver that will perform well with both music and movies. I estimate that I'll use it MORE than 50% of the time to listen to music.

I also want it to be able to handle difficult speakers. My current speakers are easy to drive, but I may change them in the near future and I do not want my choice limited by my receiver being unable to drive difficult speakers.

Is there anyone with information about the T753 that will help me to decide?

I am no longer concerned about the reliability concerns raised about the T752. The local dealer has not experienced any problems and referred me to his customers who had purchased the T752. They are all extremely happy with the product.

I am considering the T753 because it is a newly released product and *MAY* have long term benefits over the T752?

Username: Dmeister

Post Number: 2
Here you go:

New NAD Receivers

Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 9
Heres a link from the NAD website about the T753 and T743

http://207.228.230.231/pressroom/ds/T753_data.pdf

http://207.228.230.231/pressroom/ds/T743_data.pdf

Jaggu

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 29
Rajesh,
I had the opposite attitude, I figured they got all the bugs out of the T752 plus it has a little more power 80wpc vs 70wpc, also I thought since the bugs are out of the T752 with the newest firmware it would be a wise choice, the T753 is a different receiver then the T752 so there may be new bugs in the early releases.. Also (I only need 5 channels and listen to mostly music in Stereo so the extra 2 powered channels in the T753 wasn't even a thought)..
Again just my opinion or thoughts..

Username: Smitty

Post Number: 10
Jaggu,

Thanks for posting those links. I'm glad I bought the T742 when I did and didn't hold out for the T743 since the main features I was interested in (digital outputs and DD-EX, DTS-ES decoding with an additional amplifier) seem to have been dropped. Looks like they added a bit of power and are 'supporting' 4ohm loads though.

Say, did you get that problem with the left channel sorted out?

Smitty

Username: Jaggu

Post Number: 10
Smitty,

T743 has a good remote, HTR-2. A Tone Defeat feature besides so many. Also it has OSD which if I recall correctly you said would have been a pleasure to have. I am not sure if it was you or somebody else on this forum. But my personal crib would be for the remote.

I think 742 can also handle 4 ohms. They must have not put it in their specs by mistake. I remember Hawk saying that he got a mail from NAD saying that 742 can take 4 ohms.

743 is 2kgs heavier than 742.

I will be taking it to the dealer tomorrow. They sent over a technician to my place to verify my claims about the problem. The technician said that they usually change the card in the reciever which has the problem. It could take a week if the part is available with the local distributor. If they have to import the part it could take around 3 weeks.

Merry Christmas to everybody on this forum!

Username: Paul_t

Post Number: 32
Jaggu,
Months ago when researching new speakers and receivers I had thought of Polk LSi's (which are 4 ohm speakers) and did look into the T742 to go with the Polks but it seemed that the specs for the T742 posted by NAD was correct and it did not support 4 ohm speakers. I decided to go with Paradigm and also went for the T752 just for the extra power and the diversity to go with 4 ohm speakers down the road if I ever decide too... The remote with the T752 is the HTR-2 and I do like it quite a bit, fully programmable with any remote...

Username: Smitty

Post Number: 12
Yea, no doubt I would have preferred the T743 over the T742 (more power, extra digital inputs, OSD, assignable digital inputs, better remote, 4ohm capable) but for the C$350 extra it would have cost me I don't think it would have been worth it especially since it doesn't seem to have digital outputs and the DD-EX, DTS-ES decoding chip (according to the above link). Currently the T752 is selling here for the same price as the T743, I can't really see them selling any T743s until they T752s are gone.

The dealer did offer to exchange the T742 remote and C$50 for a HTR-2...I didn't bother figuring I would eventually purchase a universal remote but I'm wondering now if I should have gone for it. One thing that would have been nice would be direct selection of the surround modes rather than having to cycle through them, does anyone know if the HTR-2 would allow this?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us