Help with receiver options

Anonymous

Hi All,

Am looking for opinions on a system i am planning on purchasing. I have had a HTIB with my HD plasma for about a year now and its just not cutting it.
I am planning on buying a denon avr-1083 (which i was told is the same as the 3803 but able to be sold through distribution channels) with the denon dvd-2900. for speakers was planning on paradigm on wall monitor 5's for front channels with the on wall cc-370 for center. for rears was planning on a pair of cinema adp's and a ps-1000 sub.
Does anyone have an opinion on the match of speakers to receiver?
Also, any opinions on the reciever are welcome with suggestions.
was also considering the yamaha rxv-2400. looking for advice as i am a newbie.
thanks

Username: Hteaterjunkie

Post Number: 4
Anon,

What speakers will you be connecting the receiver to? This is important since every receiver has a distinct sound and some will match better with certain speakers than others.

I am not a big Denon or Yamaha fan so I would not recommend them. That is not to say that they do not make quality products...it's simply my thoughts. As a suggestion, I would recommend you expand your receiver choices to include HK, NAD, Marantz, and Pioneer Elites among others.

However remember that all this depends on the speakers you will be connecting to. Also, the most important thing IMHO is that you listen to the receiver before buying it since it is all a matter of personal taste.

Good Luck! :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us