What happened?

HK
Unregistered guest
Ever since the board changed, I have noticed a few regular posters lost interest in the board. Like Hawk doesnt post as much, G.DawG hasnt posted since the beginning of November, and a few other people have disapeared. What happened?

You cant also put in anynames, it says:
ERROR

The name you entered too closely resembles the username or full name of a registered user or moderator on this board. As an unregistered user, you must either obtain an account of your own, or otherwise enter a different name.

It is dumb and should be changed.

Username: Admin

Post Number: 3
Registration was added (as on option) to prevent someone from impersonating another member.

As you have discovered, anyone is still allowed to post without registering as long as you don't use a name which closely matches a registered member.

Username: Avdude

Post Number: 14
Admin:

Actually it doesn't seem to work, which is what the previous poster was saying if you re-read his or her post.
I tried it and I have the same problem:
No matter what I try to enter as a user name (I even tried strings of 20 random characters) and whether I check 'Post as Anonymous', it does not work.
It ALWAYS says:
'The name you entered too closely resembles the username or full name of a registered user or moderator on this board'.

Post Number: 15
Sorry, I just noticed that the original poster posted as an unregistered guest.

Regardless, I personally still could not post as anonymous.
It must be something I am doing or not doing, or a browser issue...

Username: Admin

Post Number: 4
I believe the problem to be correct now.

Here are options to post:

1) Register first, to create an account, which allows you to track replies/posts by e-mail, prevents someone else from using your name, and provides other features.

2) Enter a Username to identify yourself. Leave password box blank.

3) Same as above, but you can add your e-mail address if you choose to do so.

4) Check the box [] Post as "Anonymous", which takes precedence over all other entries.

Post Number: 16
Thanks Admin!
Yes, the problem has been fixed.

I am now able to preview (didn't bother to post)
using option (2) [enter user and leave password blank] without getting the error message.

I was also able to to successfully use option (4): 'Post as Anonymous' [note: you must enter an ID - any id - though in order for this to work].

Username: Railbait

Post Number: 4
Admin,

Nice job on the message board. It looks much better.

:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us