Problem with reciever

Scott1234
Unregistered guest
So my reciever has been working great for a long time. But today, I turned it on, and only the speakers on the left were working. I tryed adjusting the balance, and when I turned it to the right, nothing, but when it was centered or to the left, the sound was fine. So thinking there was something wrong with the speakers, I took the wiring from the speakers on the left side, which is the side that was fine, and put them in the right side terminal. And still, no sound. And I have 3 sets of terminals for speakers. A, B, and C. They were currenty hooked up to A. So I tryed them with B and C, and still no sound. So basically, the left side terminals are fine, but all the right side ones aren't working. Anyone have any ideas on what caused this, or any tips to fix this with out getting it repaired at a shop, if possible.

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
what kind of receiver you have?

Scott1234
Unregistered guest
its an old sansui 881

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1316
have you moved the speakers from side to side or just the cables?

Scott1234
Unregistered guest
I havn't moved the speakers at all. I just took the speaker cables and switched them into the other right side terminals to see if the speakers worked in the two other right terminals.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us