Denon AVR-1803

Username: Apcxlibra

Post Number: 7
I've got a couple of questions about the Denon AVR-1803... I've had this receiver for about 3 months now, but since I have had it, it keeps shutting off and going into protect mode. I am running this receiver on a set of speakers that came with my previous receiver, a home theater in a box Onkyo HT-410. The speakers are bookshelf speakers that aren't that big at all. (I'm not an adult, but a teenager, so I don't need large ones, and they are 8 ohms, all of them.) But anyway, I've got no idea why it is doing this. I had my father set it up for me, he's got a 3802, loves it to death, and he knows how to set these kind of things up, so he usually has a pretty good idea on where everything goes. But for some odd reason, this receiver keeps shutting down. So, we decided to send it in to the repair center. Waited a couple of weeks. Got it back just last night, and what they recommended is that we hook up one speaker at a time, and see if it would turn off after a period of time (That is what was happening originally, I would have the receiver running, and it would shut off at almost any volume level over a period of time) So, we tried that, and after 20 minutes, the right channel went out. Were like, "Okay, so much for the repair service." Cause we know they didn't solve the problem. So... we think this is really messed up, because Denon are really supposed to be able to handle anything. So, if anyone has any input on this, maybe some suggestions. I'm open to hearing them. Thanks.

By the way, we are going to send it back in, my Dad is going to go down to Ultimate Electronics (Where we bought it from), and he said he doesn't want me to come, cuz he's going to be fierce at them when he gets there.

Post Number: 8
Anyone have something to say about this, I'd really like some advice if possible.

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 516
:-) Did you try it with no speakers at all, or with some other speakers than the Onkyos?

Post Number: 9
Yes, we tried it with a couple of old large sized Acoustic Studio Monitor's last night when we brought it home. Only had the left and right channels hooked up. Did the same thing, didn't go into protect mode, but right channel began to get fuzzy, and would eventually go out. Thanks for any additional help Landroval.

Post Number: 10
Bump. (Bring Up My Post)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I just noticed something else... this amp is fairly different in look than the other 1803's I've seen. I'll upload a pic soon.

I'd still like some opinion though...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us