NEED HELP: hooking up an EQ to a home stereo

Username: Grimesy68

PA

Post Number: 1
I recently just won an Audiosource EQ-Eight on eBay. My problem is this, I have a Phillips Magnavox CD player/boombox/system/etc... and I'd like to hook up the equalizer to it. The Phillips has a Line-In (L & R), and i usually run that straight to my TV, for cheap surround sound. I can't seem to get it to work going into the EQ though. The selections on the back are as follows: MAIN 1. In-(. Audio, Video), 2. Out --- TAPE - 3. Mon, 4. Rec... All with L& R channels. And on the front of the EQ there are 4 buttons to select the source of audio (I assume): 1. EQ-Pass (EQ) 2. On-Off (Monitor) 3. Audio-Video (Selector) 4. On-Off (EQ Rec). Could someone PLEASE HELP me on what I might be doing wrong, or might the EQ just be broken?

Thanks

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You need an in/out on the boombox to match to the in/out on the EQ. Does the boom box have both or just a line in?

Username: Grimesy68

PA

Post Number: 2
Yes just a line in. However my roommate did it with the same stereo, just different EQ

J. Vigne
Unregistered guest
You might want to ask your room mate how.

Unregistered guest
I have an old Yamaha Receiver and a BSR Stereo Frequency equalizer and I forgot how to plug it in to listen to my cd's. How do I do that again?
The back of the EQ has the following: Line In and Out for right and left and tape 1 : In/Play and an Out/Rec and then the same for Tape 2. What's the trick to make the cd's sound great thru the EQ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Add Your Message Here

Bold text Italics Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image Add a YouTube Video
Need to Register?
Forgot Password?
Enable HTML code in message

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us