Cable box, vcr, tv, and dvd/reciever

Username: Joe_trinkley

Post Number: 1
I've got a question....I have a tv and cable box with just the coaxial input and output. Right now I have the cable coming into my cable box then my vcr and then my tv....my question is I would like to add a dvd/surround system all in one to it. Now I don't expect surround from my cable but I would like to hear cable through my stereo speakers. my dvd/surround doesn't have any coaxial input or outputs. Does it sound right that when my cable signal comes from my cable box through my vcr that I can hear the cable through my stereo speakers by using my vcr audio out which is RCA?

Username: Larry_d

Post Number: 6
I think what you're looking for is an RF converter. This transfers the coax signal to component, I think. I might be way off since I've always bought equipment with component inputs/outputs and other digital in and outputs and have never had the need for one. Again, I could be way off. Hope this helps, and if it doesn't I'm sorry.

Username: Joe_trinkley

Post Number: 2
yah it's called a demodulator but I don't want to do that, I would rather have the sound come from the vcr,,,,,is it possible. And one thing I didn't add in before is that the vcr and tv would be on channel 3 and the cable box would control channel selection. Thanks Larry for your response
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us