Playing MP3 through Hi-Fi

Username: Jhnel

Post Number: 1
Can I plug my MP3 player into the Aux input on the NAD Amp, using the earphone socket as the output? Should one keep the volume lower on the MP3 side and increase on the Amp side? Please advise what is best... Thanks

Username: Gman

Post Number: 11
I doubt it, unless there are adapters around--which you can do a google search on. Try e-mailing NAD tech dept. and/or the MP3 manufacturer about possible adapters available for RCA jacks.

This situation is why there are new receivers coming out with USB connections--I think the Yamaha 2400 and the Pioneer Elite 55Txi--I am sure there are others.

Username: John_a

Post Number: 17
James,

I do not see any reason why not. I often connect computers to my Aux input using their "headphone" (audio out) socket and things work fine. You could check the small print on the specs if you are worried. Small jackplug to phono (RCA) cables are easy to find, or you can make one.

As with everything, if in doubt, start with the gain right down on both player and the amp. Then turn them up gently, one at a time.

Username: Edison

Post Number: 57
You can - being creative, you can enjoy good sound for a lot less - You can goto a Radio Shack and explain what you are want to do, and they have the cable.

Anonymous

Yeah, headphone out to Aux in on my NAD, no problem.

A MP3 capable DVD player works even better.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us