Quality Problems at Rotel

Anonymous
I recently purchased the RMB 1075.

Anyway when I went to hook up my BRAND NEW Sonus Faber's I noticed that one of the surround channels was not working. So I thought I'd diagnose the problem by trying one of the other speakers that had been working on this same channel. (Reasonable right?) Well that didn't work either. Eventually I realized that both these surrounds now had 2 blown woofers. Took the amp to the local stereo shop where I had gotten it and they confirmed the problem was in the amp, a dc short. Mind you I had only had the amp for 1 month at this time.

Anyway, Rotel won't pony up anything, they didn't even say they were sorry for letting this amp out the door. They tried to blame the Sonus Fabers, actually. The stereo shop said, unfortunately this does happen every so often with the Rotel's (sounds like they should bench test them all before letting them out the door) but they did graciously offer to pony up some of the $$$ for the new woofers.

Anyway, just wanted to pass this along and warn all you audiophiles out there both about the QC issues at Rotel and the poor customer service.

Happy Listening.

Hawk
Anon:

Thank you for posting your experience. I am glad your dealer stood by you even if the manufacturer didn't.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us