Pioneer Elite VSX-55TXi - OK with 6 ohm speakers?

Bronze Member
Username: Bobby29

Post Number: 36
I'm finally purchasing. I'll be receiving my Monitor Audio S6's & S-CLR center on Monday. I'll be using my tiny Klipsch Quintet rears until space allows for an upgrade.

The Monitor Audio's are 6 ohm speakers, and I am either going to purchase a NAD 763 or Elite 55txi receiver. I know the NAD will be fine, but I'm curious about the Elite running 6 ohm fronts and center. Specs say 100x7 @ 8 ohm, and 100x2 @ 6 ohm. My rears are 8 ohm right now, but I expect to replace these with more Monitor Audio's at some point, so eventually I'll be running a 5 x 6 ohm load.

Any opinions? Also feel free to sway me in either direction also between the NAD and Elite. (Only $100 price diff now, about 60% HT, 40% music)

Thanks!

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 589
Rob,
The Elite will handle any speaker down to 4 ohm with no problem. I have the Elite 45 with a MA silver system and it's a beautiful combination. My advise is to listen to both receivers and buy whichever you like best. If it's the Elite call dynaco.com and they have the 55 for $899. You can't go wrong either way.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1229
yes the elite should handle the spkrs just fine!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us