Must read - Is that normal phenomena ?

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Hi all,

During the last few weeks I have done some study on receiver and amplifier and processor. Let me start with I see in my system, as I own NAD T773 and Pioneer SACD and DVD-A and have Snell stand floor speakers. I pay attention, that some time when I play "old" CD I can hear the noise of hiss very low from the speaker and it just if I put my ear on the speaker and get hard to separate the music sounds... if I can say so. Once the song end, there is no noise at all.

I also have an old Yamaha receiver, I hooked it up to the system and and had the same phenomena. Then, I hooked up the Yamaha receiver to old speakers (Yamaha as well) and had the same phenomena.

So I went out and auditioned ARCAM AVR200, Rotel, Denon and HK, NAD T973 with 163, and very high end Korell amplifier and processor. I was amazed to found out that in all receivers I have listened to the same phenomena. The dealers in several shops told me that this is a normal sound and it comes from the CD recorder. I have asked all of them, if this is the case why high end systems like korell that cost k9$ approximately is having this phenomena as well, and I didn't recievd a good answer that I can write it down here.

My question, did you pay attention to this phenomena or I just started to have or to be too paranoid? Is this is a normal phenomena that from time to time with depending on your CD you can listne to this hiss noise if you put your ear on the speaker?

Appreciate your opinion!

Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 31
Did you realize you had the word "phenomena" in your post seven times?

I think you may be paranoid. :-)

Daniel Benatar
Unregistered guest
Is that a normal "noise" do you also have it in your system - what kind of system you have?

Thanks, Daniel

Bronze Member
Username: Bleustar

Pensacola, Florida

Post Number: 34
The sound is most likely from the cd player source material. Analog recordings have hiss in the background. Digital recordings have much less and it is usually only apparent at higher volumes or softer passages of music. This is totally normal and unavoidable to my knowledge. Generally older recordings have more hiss.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us