Amp cutting out

MRSteve
Unregistered guest
Hi all,
Recently I was given an old Sony TA-F210 amplifier, when it works its great (I have my computer plugged into it). However on occasion it goes pop and wont work for a short time.....any suggestions....
Thanks in advance
Steve

Silver Member
Username: Soccer

Post Number: 258
How do you have it wired?

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
thanks for your fast response....ok...please bear with me as I know very little about hi-fi etc.....

I have a single jack going from the back of my PC witch splits into two phono(is that the right term?) jacks, these are black and red, going into the VIDEO/AUX sockets.

Also in terms of speakers I have 2 Marantz HD180 speakers rated at (impedance 8 ohms) MAX POWER 40watts.

Also the problem seems random rather than when I turn up the amp(just my opinion as I know sooo little)

Thanks again
Steve

Silver Member

Post Number: 260
I don't know what kind of sound plate you have installed on the pc, but you could be plugging the 3.5mm jack to the phones output of the plate; try reducing the output level at the pc and check if it fixes the prob. If not, did you made the cable yourself? You could then be having bad contacts either on the 3.5 mm jack or on the phones jacks. Or the sound plate doesn't reliable plugs which originate some bad contacts. You only get this prob with that input (AUX)?

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
turning the pc volume down, seems to have worked...thanks ever so much....couldnt aford some new kit and couldnt bare to go back to those little tinny PC speakers .......Thankyou...thankyou...
Steve

Silver Member

Post Number: 266
We are all here to help each other, you could help me some other day!
Enjoy!

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
roger that.......and i'd love to help if ever I could......... steve@minki.co.uk

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
Hi there,
Its I again, ok after a while the problem reappears, also i bought new cable to check and same problem, where would you suggest I look to next,
Once again thanks for all your help, also could this be a form of thermal cut out?

Steve

Silver Member

Post Number: 295
You should have another line output from your plate on the pc. Ty that and get back

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
hi there plugged into the 2nd output on PC but no output? Are there any settings that could have disabled it? Its definately an output, all I have is 2 outputs and one mic in (avance ac97 onboard sound).....
Thanks as always
Steve

Silver Member

Post Number: 304
Star-Definitions-Control Panel-Sounds. Check these definitions.

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
Sorry, I forgot to ask which operating system?

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
its win2000 pro

MRsteve
Unregistered guest
set up is Desktop Stereo Speakers
thks

Silver Member

Post Number: 306
Ok, but open it and choose options-properties, and check which outputs are active

Anonymous

my sony xplode (760watts) cuts out when i turn it up over half way.i have 2 10in jl audio speakers (subs) in box. oh i have to turn head unit off to reset and it works again

Anonymous

i have a 1995 nissan pathfinder it has built in (2) amps 8 speakers (4 tweeters) i replaced head unit and it had to much wattage so i had to buy this $70.00 watt limit thing now my sound is thin as headphones (not on your head ) blasting, do i have to run the wire to and from unit to speakers or could you tell me what i could do please HELP!!!

Silver Member

Post Number: 309
You'll get a better answer in the car audio section
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us