Amp suggestion for Marantz 6400 and Paradigm Studio 100's

Bronze Member
Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 16
I'M POWERING NEW PARADIGM STUDIO 100 SPEAKERS WITH A MARANTZ SR6400 RECEIVER. THE PROBLEM IS I NEED A SEPERATE AMP TO GO WITH MY RECEIVER TO POWER THE SPEAKERS. THEY TAKE MORE POWER THAN I THOUGHT TO PLAY THEM LOUD. ANY SUGGESTIONS ON A POWER AMP FOR THIS WOULD HELP. PS I JUST NEED A AMP FOR THE FRONT SPEAKERS. THANKS

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1193
b&k , rotel and parasound all make some very nice units that
should work for your setup.

with probably the best bang for buck in this order.

1 rotel
2 b & k
3 parasound

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 488
http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1097954095

http://cls.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampstran&1097860448

http://buy.audiogon.com/cgia/fsb.pl?ampstran&1&ctg&st1

Take a look at the above links - they are from www.audiogon.com and are used gears - usually well taken care of - if you don't mind buying used, you will get more quality for the buck.

You have nice speakers - they would sound better with an amp addition.

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 489
I am sorry - the 2nd link showing ST140 B&K might not be powerful enough for you - you seem to want to listen loud.

The first one Adcom is more powerful at 200 watts per ch.

Actually if you went with a separate preamp as well in the future, you would get even more out of your speakers - they are that good.

If you want to go that rout now, you might consider even better amps like a used krell for instance.

Unregistered guest
Hey Michael,
I Also ^Purshased Some Studio's 100, but with the Marantz 7400. They Play Very Good, But i'm also Lookin' For A Power AMP. There's Some Marantz Power Amp That Could Be Pretty Good With 0.02% THD, but they must be quite expansive...

By The Way, I E-mailed The Paradigm Cie and the Minimum Power Output Recommended for these Beast is 200W/Ch .... Anyways, We've Got to Invest !!! Any one else as a Bether Idea ???

Unregistered guest
Consider using mono block amps as well. That is a good option and it is easier to add identical amps later on if you decide to upgrade the other channels as well. Some good products to look at are Vincent SP997, Outlaw mono blocks or Norh LeAmp. These brands are relatively inexpensive but offer good quality.
I run a Marantz SR7200 through three Vincent SP997 and sound is very good.

Bronze Member
Username: Mad320

Upstate NY, NY USA

Post Number: 17
Thanks, to everyone for thier help. I will not be making a purchase for a little while but I like to research my options before hand. Thanks again,Mike PS If anyone has already done this let me know. How it works and what amp you used.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us