Rotel 1056 vs Denon 3805 vs Marantz 8400

Soundsuggestions
Unregistered guest
Well, here it is the big show down...I'm just a fiew days away from purchasing a new Home Theater receiver, Just looking for some feedback from the above noted receivers. Just to give you some history, I've been shopping for this upgrade for some time now (approx 8 months and counting) i've had the pleasure of listening to these receivers side by side and I found that overall the rotel 1056 had the most full, natural sound with the marantz 8400 somewhat close behind, I have to say has much as I wanted the Denon 3805 to blow me away it didn't (I'm partial to Denon since I am upgrading from a 2802 which served me well) To make a long story short I'm just looking for others opinion. (please no mention of features I'm only looking for your opinions on how you feel these amplifier sound from one another in both stereo and multi-channel.

I have Paradigm Monitor 7's for fronts, a CC370 for a center channel, in-ceiling speakers for the rears Ams 150's and a PS 1000 handles the low end. you should know that I have 4 speakers for the rear so I am set up for 7.1 and I actually feel that the Rotel once upgraded with a seperate amp lets say their 70w x2 amp that will actually be a plus for the Rotel.

Other receivers that I auditionned that didn't make the final 3 were the Pioneer Elite 55, Onkyo 901, Nad 763&773, HK 630, Integra 6.4, and the Yammis 1400 & 2400.

I welcome any opinions
Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Landroval

Post Number: 484
If the Rotel sounds best to you then just get it. It's a great unit with good functionality and of course very nice sound. Get a RB1050 or RB03 to go with it and you'll have your 7.1 setup. Or maybe just get the RSX1067?

Silver Member
Username: Elitefan1

Post Number: 575
Of the three you narrowed your choice to the Rotel is the best match with Paradigm. I like the Marantz line very much but it is not a good match in this case and the Denon is not in Rotel's class as you have found out. Get the Rotel and you'll get everthing those Paradigm's have to give.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 75
Try the ARCAM AVR300. You will be pleased with what you hear.

Gold Member
Username: Kegger

MICHIGAN

Post Number: 1199
i would agree with michael on the arcam.

but if your looking to get the most for your money
to me the rotel wins. clean and neutrel

denon: thin

marantz: warm

those are my oppinions.

Soundsuggestions
Unregistered guest
I did have a chance to compare the denon with the arcam, the only problem is that in Canada the arcam retails for $2700CDN versus $1600 for the Denon not quite in the same league when money is concerned...money aside the arcam easily hands down sounds soooooo much better, it's so warm you'd burn yourself...the only problem is i've allocated $1900 towards my purchase and the wife will hold me to it, oh well thanks for the feedback.

Bronze Member
Username: Mgkaplan

Calabasas, CA USA

Post Number: 76
I find that if I buy my wife an equivalent amount of jewelry (dollar for dollar) she doesn't bug me about how much I spend on A/V equipment.

Bronze Member
Username: Stone

West CoastUSA

Post Number: 71
Get the Rotel if it's your top choice. Solid construction, good detailed Home theater sound, lots of power. Youn shouldn't second guess yourself on that decision.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us