Reciever and parasound poweramp

Username: Philly

Post Number: 1
i purchased a denon 5800 awhile back, i also have klipsch rf-7 loudspeakers hooked up. I wanted to get more power out of the speakers so i decided to add a parasound hct1500 amp. is this gonna make my speakers louder? the speakers are rated 250w-1000w? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Edison

Glendale, CA US

Post Number: 476
Try it out at home, and see if you like what you hear - you will get some improvement - but you are still using denon which is not as good as parasound for pre-amp, so you wouldn't be getting the most of what the parasound has to offer.

If you really want good sound, you need to have a good pre as well.

It will give you some improvement for sure - just decide if it's enough for the price of para.

You can get a used one on www.audiogon.com or the ebay. Audiogon is more respectable and trust-worthy. Be careful on ebay - make sure the seller has many good ratings.

I like parasound sound - I have their CD player and I too am gonna get one of thier amp one of these days.

Username: Philly

Post Number: 2
thanks for the reply. so now what do i do with the denon.? i figured that i probably needed the pre amp also. when i went to the audio store seemed like the power using the amp/preamp blew away the the a/v reciever.where you had to only turn the volume control on the preamp to 2-3 where is you had to keep turning the volume on the a/v reciever just to gain some power. Being that the denon is 170w/channel and the parasound is 205w/channel. i figured the denon to be quite as powerful and i was told that its not. I dont know how true this is.

Bronze Member
Username: Awedio

Montreal, Quebec Canada

Post Number: 15
ill take ur denon off ur hands :-). seeing as u dont need it anymore.

i was checking out the parasound amps....how much do they retail for?

i
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us